Assistant Women's Soccer Coach
Responsible for instructing student-athletes in the rules and fundamentals of women’s soccer; and providing input and assistance to the head coach in determining fundamental philosophy, skills, and techniques. Responsible for being the head coach for the women's soccer developmental program (JV).
- Assist the head coach with all aspects of the women’s soccer program
- On the field assistant coach
- Coordinate with other coaches the offensive/defensive game plan
- Assist with planning of all practices
- Organize and coordinate the recruiting of student-athletes
- Assist the head coach with inventory and issuing of equipment
- Organize and coordinate with scouting/tape exchange
- Assist the Head Coach in communications with the office of admission and financial aid office regarding applications
- Assist in communications with Residence Life for overnight prospects
- Supervise student workers
- Assist with monitoring the academic progress of student-athletes
- Assist in the advising of students on their academic progress for academic retention
- Maintain current knowledge and abides by NCAA/HCAC rules, policies, and procedures
- Assist in weight room supervision
- Supervise open gymnasium as needed and as permitted by NCAA Bylaws for safety purposes.
- Assists the head coach with marketing / public relations
- Demonstrate integrity and uphold the values and mission of the University
- Attend periodic staff meetings if possible
- Complete committee assignments and other duties appropriate to skills and training as assigned by supervisors
- Contribute to team effort by welcoming new and different work requirements; exploring new opportunities to enhance the services of the division; helping others accomplish related job results as and where needed.
Department Director, coaching staff, Athletic Training staff, Recreation Coordinators, Coordinator of Athletic and Recreation Facilities, Administrative Assistant, student employees, Student Affairs staff, Admission staff, prospective students and families, enrolled students, Registrar, Faculty Athletic Representative, and other members of the University community as well as the local and outside community.
Supervision Exercised: Student Employees
Supervision Received: Works toward a previously defined objective and uses a wide range of procedures exercising discretion and judgment; consulting and referring to the head coach as appropriate
Education: Bachelors; Masters Preferred
Experience: 1-year college coaching preferred/High School coaching and a demonstrated ability and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Specialized Training: Proficient in use of Microsoft Office programs, coaching, University vans, First Aid and CPR
• Exhibit a "student/customer first" orientation in providing exceptional service in all responsibilities and interactions demonstrating versatility in handling people and situations
• Adapt willingly and quickly to changing priorities, responsibilities, and students' needs and expectations; anticipate and identify students' needs
• Demonstrate an ability to facilitate, transition, and counsel students towards the realization of full educational and athletic potential
• Demonstrated ability to recognize, appreciate and serve culturally diverse populations, special needs, and others
• Available to work in evenings and weekends
• Collaborate well with others and help make Athletics staff a cohesive group
• Communicate, cooperate and collaborate well with others to achieve common office, division, or University goals
• Willingly assists in various responsibilities as appropriate within the Student Affairs Division and other areas of the University as appropriate as required during high service demand times
• Develop and nurture an effective, productive, and respectful rapport and working relationship with students, faculty and staff co-workers, and various campus and community constituencies maintaining an appropriate level of professionalism
• Demonstrate strong interpersonal and organizational skills, a sense of humor, flexibility, and creativity
• Demonstrate strong written, telephone, and electronic (email and internet) communication skills and strengths in public speaking
• Communicate information clearly and concisely and listen well to others
Accuracy: Maintain a high level of accuracy, consistently reviewing work to detect errors, oversights, or omissions
• Take immediate and independent action when necessary assuming initiative for creative problem solving
• Demonstrate creativity and high energy
• Accomplish tasks with follow through to completion
• Must possess an aptitude for technological development and its implications for appropriate automation of office; proficient in Microsoft Office
Work Environment, Physical Demands: Multiple service hours; computer data input; multiple concurrent tasks with service interruptions; extensive customer contact; strict confidentiality; detailed work and other demands as appropriate
To apply, please upload the cover letter, resume, and contact information with three professional references via Paycom.
A review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Please click here to review the University's Non-Discrimination Policy.
Mount St. Joseph University is an Equal Opportunity Employer