Director of Media Relations
The Director of Media Relations will be responsible for leading the planning and execution of a strategic media and public relations strategy aligned with the brand objectives and strategic vision of the university as determined by the Associate Vice Chancellor of University Relations. The Director of Media Relations will manage both internal and external resources to ensure that all day-to-day programs are executed with excellence. The director will cultivate and sustain relationships with national, regional, local and specialty media. This individual will proactively identify and pursue news stories that demonstrate N.C. A&T State University's strategic vision and leadership attributes in the higher education industry, as well as other topics that advance its relationships with key stakeholders. Working in partnership with university leadership and the Associate Vice Chancellor for University Relations, the director will regularly strategize, develop and execute proactive and reactive media engagement activities with top-tier specialty media in addition to important national, state, regional and local outlets. The director will explore public relations opportunities by leveraging social media channels and converting university goals and strategy into actionable and effective media and public relations. The director will be an effective storyteller, producing stories for the web and electronic newsletters in addition to executive-level communications such as presentations, speeches, op-eds, letters and blog posts as required.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Greensboro
- Communications Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Greensboro
- Public Relations & Advertising Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Greensboro
- Administrative Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Greensboro
- Business & Administrative Affairs Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Greensboro