Registered Nurse (Per Diem Non-Exempt Healthcare) / Student
California State University, San Bernardino
: Temporary, hourly, "non-exempt"
This is a per diem position,
scheduled as needed. 28 hours per week (FTE 0.7).
Anticipated Hiring Range:
$35.00 - $37.00 per
First Review Deadline:
This position will remain
open until filled. Applications will be reviewed beginning April
California State University, San Bernardino is a preeminent center
of intellectual and cultural activity in Inland Southern
California. Opened in 1965 and set at the foothills of the
beautiful San Bernardino Mountains, the university serves more than
20,000 students each year and graduates about 4,000 students
annually. CSUSB reflects the dynamic diversity of the region and
has the most diverse student population of any university in the
Inland Empire. Seventy percent of those who graduate are the first
in their families to do so.
At CSUSB, you can:
- Build your future
- Work with the best
- Be your authentic self
- Focus on you
- Make a lasting impact
- Work for a purpose that is greater than your own
- Bring everything you are, become everything you want
The CSUSB Student Health Center supports students' academic success
by providing high-quality accessible health and psychiatric care as
well as health education and wellness services in a safe,
confidential, and compassionate environment.
apply through our new CSU Recruit System, please
Under general supervision, the incumbent will serve as a Triage
Nurse at the Student Health Center primarily at the San Bernardino
Campus but may include assignments at the Palm Desert Campus. The
Hourly Per Diem Non-Exempt/Registered Nurse will also be
responsible for active participation in health education
activities, training of health-related personnel, and development
of policies, protocols, and procedures. Additional duties include
participation in the health center and campus-wide committees when
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Completion of a professional nursing program in an approved
school of nursing or by additional preparation as approved by the
California Board of Registered Nursing.
- No experience is required as this is an entry-level registered
nursing classification for recently licensed registered
- Possess and maintain a valid license as a Registered Nurse in
the State of California and certification in CPR/AED.
Thorough knowledge of:
- Ability to effectively apply nursing knowledge and demonstrate
proper techniques and skills in performing nursing duties.
- Ability to accurately observe and record symptoms, behaviors,
and reactions to treatments in order to make a nursing
- Ability to respond with therapy to treatment reactions.
- Ability to use applicable health center automated systems to
perform duties and maintain records and prepare reports.
- Ability to gain the cooperation of patients.
- Ability to analyze emergency situations and take prompt
- Ability to maintain patient confidentiality and privacy in
compliance with applicable state and federal laws and
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with
practitioners and other health center support staff.
- Ability to be sensitive to and communicate effectively with
patients from diverse backgrounds.
- Professional nursing principles.
- Methods and procedures.
- Anatomy and physiology applicable to assigned duties.
- Medical supplies and equipment used in nursing practice.
- The uses and effects of medications and narcotics.
- Applicable state and federal laws and regulations pertaining to
registered nursing and the scope of practice limitations of clinic
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be
completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a
position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the
background check may affect the application status of applicants or
continued employment of current CSU
employees who apply for the position.
The person holding this position is considered a `mandated
reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting
Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in
CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
California State University, San Bernardino is an Affirmative
Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants
for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national
origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender
expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical
condition, disability, marital status, or protected veteran
This position may be "Designated" under California State
University's Conflict of Interest Code. This would require the
filing of a Statement of Economic Interest on an annual basis and
the completion of training within 6 months of assuming office and
every 2 years thereafter. Visit the Human Resources Conflict of
Interest webpage link for additional information: http://hrd.csusb.edu/conflictInterest.html
This position adheres to CSU policies against Sex Discrimination,
Sexual Harassment, and Sexual Violence, including Domestic
Violence, Dating Violence, and Stalking. This requires completion
of Sexual Violence Prevention Training within 6 months of assuming
employment and on a two-year basis thereafter. (Executive Order
To view full description and to apply, visit: https://www.csusb.edu