University of Idaho
Division/College: College of Law
Employee Category: Faculty
Pay Range: $80,000-$105,000
Full/Part Time: Full Time
The College of Law seeks an individual to teach academic skills courses, develop and administer academic support and advising programs, and implement relevant policies, in collaboration with the College’s other student services professionals. This position designs, implements, and promotes activities helping all College of Law students achieve their full academic and professional potential through academic skills, bar preparation, and advising programs, as well as through individualized academic counseling and advising. These activities are required for law school accreditation under ABA Standards. This position also includes a teaching component of academic skills courses.
• J.D. from an accredited law school
• Successful completion of a bar exam in any state
• A minimum of three years of experience as a practicing attorney or in higher education
• Demonstrated understanding of, and commitment to, addressing issues of diversity and inclusion
• Three or more years of experience in student affairs, academic success, or related job duties
• Teaching and/or tutoring experience in highly specialized fields, preferably law
• Experience working with students or others in crisis with a calm and respectful demeanor
• Outstanding record of academic and/or professional achievement
• Ability to work collaboratively on a team in creating and delivering programming and advising related to academic success
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Posting Number: F000913P
Posting Date: 05/05/2021
Open Until Filled: Yes
This posting is open until filled, with a first consideration date of May 19, 2021.
Required documents for application are (1) Resume/CV; (2) Letter of Qualification addressing whether you satisfy each of the required and preferred qualifications for the position; (3) List of three references; (4) Statement (two pages maximum) of your demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion in legal education and/or the legal profession. (upload to Other Document 1 field)
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.