Accounts Payable Specialist III
Accounts Payable Specialist III
Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi
Procurements And Disbursements
Proposed Minimum Salary
Corpus Christi, Texas
This position is responsible for production and processing of payments for the department of Procurement and Disbursements. Responsible for the creation of vendors both Foreign and Domestic, within the TAMU-CC operated financial systems and for Islander Buy with a central vendor list, for TAMUCC. Additionally, this position provides support to TAMUCC in production of electronic and check payments with the disbursement of those payments to vendors. Reconciliation of Vendor Accounts, Procurement documents (PO's and Non-PO Based and Manual Payments), and Credits issued from vendors. All aspects of the Disbursements department including Record Retention , Preparing 1099's and State Escheating. Provides customer service to the campus community and vendor.
- Responsible for payments, both manual and automated, of items for the department of Procurement and Disbursements for TAMUCC. Processing and coding of invoices in Islander Buy Software and in Famis.
- Responsible for assisting in the creation of vendors within the TAMUCC system or with Islander Buy. Create both Domestic and Foreign Vendors including screening with the use of IRS, visual compliance and USPS. Keep vendors up to date with all IRS documents where required.
- Responsible for Glacier Software for Foreign Vendors to provide tracking of Exemptions or Withholdings.
- Process for payments and vendors with workflow to be decided by the Assistant Director of Procurement and Disbursements. All tasks will be cross trained within the department. All will be able to pick up and process mail, voids and reissues checks/ACH and process of daily check run and reporting. Coded Procurement under $5,000.00 and ensures compliance with State, System and University Policies and Procedures. Processes Non-PO Based Invoices, including coding and compliance.
- Prepare manual payments and manual checks when necessary.
- Reconcile vendor statements, PO's, Receiving, and work Credits with the vendor. Assist in Escheating to the State of Texas and in preparation of 1099's and related taxing as it pertains to the needs of Disbursements. Serve as back up for Disbursements Lead when necessary.
- Creation of journal entries and source documents. Scan and document entries into Laserfiche and/or Islander Buy. Reconcile and process Cash Entries for all disbursement deposit entries. Create and Process Change Source of Funds in Famis and USAS.
- Audit monthly statements for month-end closing. Review daily statements. Call vendors for status on payments.
- Keep a detailed procedure manual or current manuals up to date.
- Greet customers and assist in customer service over the phone, by mail or email for research or instructions related to all disbursement functions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Four (4) years of office/clerical related experience.
- Additional education may be considered as a substitution for the minimum experience requirements:
- Associate's & Two (2) years
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Experience with data entry.
- General accounting knowledge related to vendors, 1099's., W-9, W-8Ben.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Four (4) or more years' experience with customer service.
- Experience in accounting or accounts payable operations.
- Experience in the accounts payable department of a State of Texas agency or an institution of Higher Education.
- Experience in FAMIS and USAS and Islander Buy/Jaggaer E-Commerce and Procurement Software
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMUCC_External/job/Corpus-Christi-TAMUCC/Accounts-Payable-Specialist-III_R-036963-1