Executive Assistant, Senior - NAU Advancement #605379
The Assistant to the Vice President of NAU Advancement and Executive Director of the NAU Foundation supports the Vice President’s day-to-day operations, manages the VP’s calendar, arranges meetings, complex travel, and develops and analyzes reports. This highly visible role is responsible for maintaining consistent high-level interactions and communications with NAU’s top donors, loyal ambassadors, and internal stakeholders. The position is expected to be knowledgeable in and navigate multiple software solutions concurrently. The Assistant to the Vice President works closely with division leadership to execute the division’s strategic priorities moving NAU’s mission forward. The ideal candidate will be able to anticipate needs, remain organized under pressure, and represent the Vice President and his/her office in both internal and external meetings as needed. As a highly skilled business professional, this position offers primary support to the NAU Foundation Board of Directors and its committees. This dynamic, fast-paced position requires the ability to think critically and offer solutions to problems with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Provide administrative support to the Vice President.
- Serve as the primary liaison and de-facto secretary for the Foundation Board of Directors providing administrative support to the Board and its committees.
- Schedule and prepare for quarterly board meetings and regular meetings of the Executive Committee and three board committees to include preparing agendas, materials, minutes.
- Provide administrative support as needed to individual board members.
- Composes verbal and written communication with board members and their staff.
- Manages all relevant board processes such as recruitment, orientation, terminations, maintaining accurate information such as committee lists, listservs, contact information, meeting attendance.
- Manage all content and training of a Foundation board portal.
- Arrange complex travel schedules for the Vice President and processes all required travel documents in accordance with the university travel policies and procedures.
- Manage the Vice President’s calendar. Prioritize and arrange meetings, conferences, appointments and travel for the Vice President.
- Interface with senior-level university administration and other high-level external university constituents and donors.
- Work closely with Advancement | Foundation administrative team to achieve common goals.
- Compiles complex prospect briefs/profiles for the Vice President.
- Transcribes and enters contact reports into Ellucian software.
- Creates reports using Ellucian software for the Vice President.
- Researches, summarizes and analyzes information; calculates statistics and compiles data to prepare special and recurring reports containing specialized or sensitive information.
- Provides information requiring comprehensive knowledge of university and department policies, procedure and operations to internal and external constituents.
- Answers inquiries and composes correspondence on own initiative on general and technical matters in accordance with established guidelines and forwards other items to supervisor or appropriate staff.
- Plans and arranges conferences or meetings under general instructions from supervisor; communicates arrangements to appropriate individuals.
- Acts as primary contact for assigned function with outside organizations or other departments; responds to technical administrative questions and ensures necessary follow up.
- Evaluate and resolve typical administrative/operational functions to ensure effectiveness and compliance with university policies and regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree AND two years of directly related administrative experience supporting a senior executive; OR
- Six years of directly related administrative experience supporting a senior executive; OR
- Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education.