Assistant Professor of Data Science
The Department of Mathematics and Computer Studies at Molloy College invites applications for a tenure-track faculty position in Data Science at the rank of Assistant Professor beginning Fall 2021.
The responsibilities of Molloy's faculty include teaching, research and scholarship in the field of expertise, and service. These responsibilities generally include advising students, participating in department, school, and campus-wide committees, developing and modifying curriculum through assessment, and assisting in recruitment of students into our programs. The successful candidate will also be committed to the academic success of our students and to an environment that encourages and celebrates diversity.
As Molloy College continues to embrace a data-driven culture and research, the Department of Mathematics and Computer Studies is building up its program with new tracks in Data Science and Data Analytics, and the development of new classes to support them. Candidates will be expected to teach a broad range of undergraduate classes in both Computer Science and Data Science. The candidate may be expected to develop new courses in his/her area of expertise that help our majors secure careers in industry and/or prepare for graduate study. In addition, the candidate may create courses in emerging and innovative technology in alignment with other departments, programs, and initiatives at the College. Emphasizing student-centered education and personal attention, the Department seeks to keep class sizes small whenever and wherever possible.
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, Data Science, Mathematics, or related field. All specialization areas in Data Science will be considered, however, preferred areas of expertise are data mining and visualization, cloud computing, artificial intelligence, machine learning, and natural language processing.
- Demonstrated potential of industry-based or academic research and/or distinguished industry experience as well as a strong commitment to undergraduate teaching are expected.
- An ability to involve students in research and/or to provide them with industry-based experience.
Applicants should submit a letter of application, CV, transcripts, three letters of recommendation, at least one of which should discuss the applicant's teaching, and the Molloy College Application. Please submit all application materials in one submission to firstname.lastname@example.org with Data Science in the subject line. Review of applications and interviews will begin in April 2021 and will continue until positions are filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Women, minorities, persons with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Rockville Centre
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Rockville Centre
- Computer Sciences & Technology Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Rockville Centre
- Mathematics Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Rockville Centre