Assistant Professor in Computer Information Systems
The Department of Mathematics and Computer Studies at Molloy College invites applications for a tenure-track faculty position in Computer Information Systems (CIS) at the rank of Assistant Professor beginning Fall 2021. The responsibilities of Molloy's faculty include teaching, research and scholarship in the field of expertise, and service. These responsibilities generally include advising students, participating in department, school, and campus-wide committees, developing and modifying curriculum through assessment, and assisting in recruitment of students into our programs. The successful candidate will also be committed to the academic success of our students and to an environment that encourages and celebrates diversity.
Candidates are expected to teach introductory and advanced courses in CIS. The candidate may be expected to develop new courses in his/her area of expertise that help our majors secure careers in industry and/or prepare for graduate study. In addition, the candidate may create courses in emerging and innovative technology in alignment with other departments, programs, and initiatives at the College. Emphasizing student-centered education and personal attention, the Department seeks to keep class sizes small whenever and wherever possible.
- Ph.D. in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field with an emphasis on Cybersecurity. All specialization areas in Cybersecurity will be considered, however, preferred areas of expertise are digital forensics, malware detection, and information security.
- Demonstrated potential of industry-based or academic research and/or distinguished industry experience as well as a strong commitment to undergraduate teaching are expected.
- An ability to involve students in research and/or to provide them with industry-based experience.
Applicants should submit a letter of application, CV, transcripts, three letters of recommendation, at least one of which should discuss the applicant's teaching, and the Molloy College Application. Please submit all application materials in one submission to email@example.com with Computer Information Systems in the subject line. Review of applications and interviews will begin in April 2021 and will continue until positions are filled.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Rockville Centre
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Rockville Centre
- Computer Sciences & Technology Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Rockville Centre