Associate Director, Annual Giving Programs & Relations
Located along Florida’s I-4 High Tech Corridor, Florida Poly opened its doors in August 2014 as the state’s 12th university and the only one dedicated to core subjects in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM education). The non-traditional academic environment focuses on applied learning, specifically in technology and engineering. Small class sizes give faculty the opportunity to work closely with high-caliber students, and the most advanced technology, including a Supercomputer, 3D printing lab, media lab and nanotechnology lab, sets Florida Poly apart from other state universities. Florida Poly’s innovative approach to higher education allows students to learn strong fundamentals within a traditional university department structure, while giving them opportunities to apply their learning through research and projects in emerging high-tech concentrations like Cyber Security, Big Data Analytics, Machine Intelligence and more. The University partners closely with industry leading firms, and faculty members are rewarded for more than just publishing. Industry involvement, problem solving, and the commercialization of technology and research through start-ups and small businesses are encouraged.
Associate Director, Annual Giving Programs & Relations
Job Description Summary
Florida’s only public university exclusively teaching science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) is looking for exceptional candidates to serve as the Associate Director of Annual Giving Programs and Alumni Relations in University Advancement.
The Associate Director manages the annual fund programs focusing on increasing the depth and diversity of relationships for internal and external stakeholders with an emphasis on driving philanthropy for gifts under $10,000 in support of Florida Poly. Oversee and develop strategic collaborations to support Florida Poly's priorities and alumni involvement in the life of the university. Provide measurable forms of alumni behavior leading to a stronger bond with Florida Poly.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Annual Giving Programs
- In consultation with the Vice President of Advancement, manage multi-channel direct marketing programs that support renewal, retention, and acquisition of annual giving donors building the pipeline for major gifts. Collaborate with key stakeholders across the Advancement team and the university to support projects and initiatives.
- Develops and executes the annual solicitation strategy in alignment with the university's strategic priorities. Manages the comprehensive annual giving program including direct mail, digital campaigns, giving webpages, employee giving programs, and parent giving campaigns..
- Plan, coordinate, execute, and manage a dynamic, multidimensional annual giving program utilizing a variety of mediums to communicate with and solicit current and potential donors. Strategy will encompass but is not limited to digital, crowdfunding, direct mail, employee campaigns, and day of giving programs. Draft content, manage production schedules, identify targeted segments, and oversee project budget for the annual giving programs.
- Stay current on direct marketing best practices and maximize the use of data to make strategic recommendations.
- Facilitate programming to encourage broader alumni engagement, new affinity groups, increased giving, and strong volunteer programs.
- Creation and management of multichannel communication strategy including semi-annual or quarterly alumni newsletter.
- Serve as primary liaison between FPU Alumni and Advancement, the university, and volunteers.
- Analytical Thinking (Intermediate): Ability to identify issues and trends, obtain relevant information, relate compare data from different sources, and identify creative solutions.
- Critical Thinking (Intermediate): Interprets and seeks information, uses independent reasoning to diagnose and analyze,, identifies and tests solutions, and thinks beyond what is typical or customary. Uses information to determine benefits and impact while making decision and/or recommendations.
- Project/Program/Service Management (Intermediate): Ability to coordinate and administer programs, project activities, and protocols. Ability to manage resources, monitor activities, and assess risks and quality issues associated with the programs or projects.
- Written and Oral Communications (Intermediate): Ability to present information to individuals or groups and have the ability to deliver presentations suited to the characteristics and needs of the audience. Ability to convey information clearly and concisely either verbally or in writing ensuring they understand the information and the message. Ability to listen and respond appropriately to others. Ability to impact and influence others to further the institution’s strategic objectives.
- Ability to interpret and articulate the mission of Florida Polytechnic University and interact with stakeholders from a wide range of professional and cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to represent the University with tact and diplomacy and maintain confidentiality along with discretion.
- Must possess computer proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Experience creating and/or working with reports in Salesforce or Tableau.
- Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of directly relevant experience.
- Experience in higher education Advancement preferred.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- This position requires a criminal background check, which may include a Level II screening as required by Florida Statute §435.04.
- This position is subject to federal and state privacy regulations.
- This position is salary exempt. The normal work schedule is Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m., however, occasional overtime (weekends and evenings) may be required. Travel between campus locations may be required.
- $55,390 - $58,000, commensurate with experience.
Florida Polytechnic University is an equal opportunity/equal access institution. It is the policy of the Board of Trustees to provide equal opportunity for employment and educational opportunities to all (including applicants for employment, employees, applicants for admission, students, and others affiliated with the University) without regard to race, color, national origin, ethnicity, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or genetic information.
Special Instructions Regarding Attachments:
Required attachments are listed on each posting. Please be sure to attach all required documents in the Resume/CV field before continuing through the application. Once your application has been submitted, no changes may be made and additional attachments will not be considered.
An unofficial copy of the degree/transcript is acceptable during the application process. For positions requiring a degree, the official transcripts are required upon hire.
Foreign Transcript: Transcripts issued outside of the United States require a equivalency statement from a certified transcript evaluation service verifying the degree equivalency to that of an accredited institution within the USA. This report must be attached with the application and submitted by the application deadline.
All document(s) must be received on or before the closing date of the job announcements.
This position requires a background check, which may include a level II screening as required by the Florida Statute §435.04.