Financial Business System Analyst II
Located along Florida’s I-4 High Tech Corridor, Florida Poly opened its doors in August 2014 as the state’s 12th university and the only one dedicated to core subjects in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM education). The non-traditional academic environment focuses on applied learning, specifically in technology and engineering. Small class sizes give faculty the opportunity to work closely with high-caliber students, and the most advanced technology, including a Supercomputer, 3D printing lab, media lab and nanotechnology lab, sets Florida Poly apart from other state universities. Florida Poly’s innovative approach to higher education allows students to learn strong fundamentals within a traditional university department structure, while giving them opportunities to apply their learning through research and projects in emerging high-tech concentrations like Cyber Security, Big Data Analytics, Machine Intelligence and more. The University partners closely with industry leading firms, and faculty members are rewarded for more than just publishing. Industry involvement, problem solving, and the commercialization of technology and research through start-ups and small businesses are encouraged.
Financial Business System Analyst II
Job Description Summary
Florida’s only public university exclusively teaching science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) is looking for exceptional candidates to serve as the Financial Business Systems Analyst II in the Office of the Controller.
The Financial Business Systems Analyst II, under the direction of the Controller or a designee within the Finance and Accounting team, assists in the design, development, and implementation of departmental process, and/or programs for Finance and Accounting. Recommends policies and procedures to ensure effective coordination and automation of departmental programs and/or processes.
- Coordinate the implementation and administration of process and
programs related to the University ’s financial management system
- Configure changes in Workday aligned with business requirements
and perform comprehensive testing with finance and accounting team,
applications support and system developers for overall
functionality and technical quality of deliverables .
- Writing standar d and advanced reports that include creating
calculated fields and maintain ing dashboards .
- Assist in the preparation & delivery of workshops and
training prog r ams for the Finance and Accounting team as well as
end user s .
- M aintains and improves websit es of the Finance and Accounting
- Understands and helps to improve ERP interfaces with partner
- Participates in projects as assigned .
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES :
- Strong accounting foundation .
- Proficient in business software applications, MS Office, and
the use of interfaces .
- Exceptional communication skills, evidenced by the ability to
communicate appropriately at all levels of an organization in
writing, verbally and via visualizations .
- Commitment to quality work and continuous improvement .
- Strong analytical aptitude .
- Ability to troubleshoot , multi-task and meet deadlines .
- Ability to work independently with limited general supervision
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS :
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years of IT experience in business/systems
- 2+ years in client - facing roles for requirements, design,
testing and/or go-live activities .
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS :
- Experience with Workday specifically Finance .
- Experience in Higher Education , specifically a public
REQUIRED LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, AND/OR OTHER SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS OF LAW :
- Must po ssess a valid Florida driver’s license.
- This position requires a criminal background check, which may
include a Level II screening as required by Florida Statute
- This position is subject to federal and state privacy
NORMAL WORK SCHEDULE: This position is salary exempt. The normal work schedule is Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. , however, o ccasional overtime (weekends and evenings) may be required. Travel between campus locations may be required .
TARGET HIRING SALARY : $ 56,500 - $ 58,500 , commensurate with experience.
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE : The position is open until Mon day, May 3 1, 2021 , however , review of applications will commence immediately .
APPLICATION PROCESS : In addition to completing the online application, all Applicants are required to upload the following as an attachment to the application (preferably in PDF format):
• Cover Letter
• List of at least three (3) professional references (names and contact information)
Florida Polytechnic University is an equal opportunity/equal access institution. It is the policy of the Board of Trustees to provide equal opportunity for employment and educational opportunities to all (including applicants for employment, employees, applicants for admission, students, and others affiliated with the University) without regard to race, color, national origin, ethnicity, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or genetic information.
Special Instructions Regarding Attachments:
Required attachments are listed on each posting. Please be sure to attach all required documents in the Resume/CV field before continuing through the application. Once your application has been submitted, no changes may be made and additional attachments will not be considered.
An unofficial copy of the degree/transcript is acceptable during the application process. For positions requiring a degree, the official transcripts are required upon hire.
Foreign Transcript: Transcripts issued outside of the United States require a equivalency statement from a certified transcript evaluation service verifying the degree equivalency to that of an accredited institution within the USA. This report must be attached with the application and submitted by the application deadline.
All document(s) must be received on or before the closing date of the job announcements.
This position requires a background check, which may include a level II screening as required by the Florida Statute §435.04.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Lakeland
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Lakeland
- Accounting & Finance Not specified Full Time jobs in Lakeland
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Lakeland
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Lakeland