Assistant Coach Football
Assistant Coach Football
Welcome to Furman University's Career Site!
- IMPORTANT: Load all documents in the My Experience area under Resume/CV. This may include your resume/C.V., cover letter, unofficial transcript, teaching philosophy, etc. Please wait for all documents to finish uploading before clicking Next.
- If the process times out you will lose your progress, so please ensure you have all necessary documents available before starting.
- The drop-down lists only display so many options: please type into a drop-down list to search for your option. For example: in Field of Study, you may need to enter your field name. If you have no field, type "None."
- If you have previously applied, make sure your information is current as you can transfer it to another application.
- Prior to submitting your application, verify all information for accuracy and ensure you have uploaded all appropriate documents. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit your application other than to change your contact information.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact the Office of Human Resources via email at
firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 864-294-2217.
Assistant Coach Football
Under the direction of the Head Football Coach, the Assistant Coach should have a working knowledge of all Southern Conference and NCAA policies, rules, and regulations and adhere to these policies.
1. Assist Head Coach and Assistant Coaching Staff with:
- Game and practice preparation
- Opponent film breakdown
- Monitoring defensive tendencies
- Weekly breakdown of opponents film
- Tracking tendencies of opponents
- Managing Offensive Practice Scripts
- Recording Offensive Tendencies/Self-Scouting
- Travel with team
- Importing Offense Play Calls into DVSport
- Monitoring student-athletes at mealtimes
- Other duties as assigned by Head Coach and Offense Staff
2. Assists the Head Coach and adheres to all Southern Conference and NCAA rules and regulations regarding recruiting by:
- Traveling to school sites and games to evaluate recruits.
- Evaluating videotapes.
- Writing and telephoning all recruits.
- Assisting in making final decisions regarding scholarship offers.
3. Teaches areas of expertise to respective athletes.
4. Assists with Coordination of the admission process by:
- Filling out pre-admission recruit evaluation forms and present to Admissions Office.
- Making arrangements concerning admission visits and financial aid awards including mailing all forms, if necessary.
- Communicating all information to potential recruits.
5. Assists with organizes and conducting all practices.
6. Assists with off-season player development by organizing conditioning and weight-training program in consultation with the trainers and weight coaches.
7. Performs any other duties as may be assigned by Head Coach.
Continuous contact with team players to influence, motivate or persuade parties to obtain
Daily contact with members of own work unit, immediate supervisor, members of other department, and other coaches to plan, coordinate, problem solve, present information, and make suggestions related to mutual goals.
Frequent contact with potential recruits to influence, motivate or persuade parties to obtain desired results.
Occasional contact with alumni, parents and community to exchange factual information and explanation of rules, regulations, practices or functions.
Responsibility for Final Decisions:
Tasks involve multiple procedures with interrelated processes or steps. Work involves choosing the appropriate option or procedure to follow and applying established rules and procedures.
Errors are readily detected in the normal course of work by standard check or crosscheck.
Reports To: Head Football Coach.
Work is performed independently on routine work, non-routine issues or questions are referred to the supervisor.
Bachelors Degree with 1-2 years experience in related field.
Excellent communication and organizational skills.
Extensive knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
Work is performed under usual office or athletic facility conditions requiring basic safety precautions.
- Frequent evening and weekend work.
- Frequent travel.
- Daily exposure to varied weather conditions.
- Daily reaching and handling.
- Daily stooping and kneeling.
- Daily pushing and pulling.
- Daily lifting and carrying.
- Daily climbing and balancing.
Job Posting End Date (if date is blank, posting is open ended):
To apply, visit https://furman.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Furman_Careers/job/Main-Campus/Assistant-Coach-Football_R001170
Furman is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty and staff. The University aspires to create a community of people representing a multiplicity of identities including gender, race, religion, spiritual belief, sexual orientation, geographic origin, socioeconomic background, ideology, world view, and varied abilities. Domestic partners of employees are eligible for comprehensive benefits.