Sr. Enrollment Systems Analyst (Student Financial Systems)
Sr. Enrollment Systems Analyst (Student Financial Systems)
Target Hire Date
03/01/2021 - 1 month ago
Join our community and experience Emerson College!
Exciting opportunity to serve as a technical lead in the development and delivery of new and enhanced business systems processes within the Enrollment department in partnership with your colleagues from Financial Aid, Student Success and Student Accounts. These teams collaborate to help our students pay for their schooling and stay enrolled until they graduate from Emerson. You will provide the technical support and serve as a subject matter expert to deliver various types of data that tell the story they need to be successful. This important position will identify and solve business problems through thoughtful mechanisms to utilize technology related to student retention efforts with our Student Financial Services teams. The role requires an individual who displays solid teamwork along with flexibility and adaptability to shift to changing priorities.
How comfortable are you with the financial services that help keep students in college? Do you want to improve and maximize reports and business processes?
You will act as a technical lead in the development and delivery of new and enhanced business systems for Emerson College's Student Financial Services team.
Your Manager: Director, Enrollment Technology
Your Direct Reports: None
Your Student Workers: None
Key Partners: Financial Aid, Student Success, and Student Accounts
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Leverage data and reporting using campus software, and future
technology solutions to improve retention and student
- Verify that any data integrations between systems are
functioning properly; ensuring data is clean and ready to be
analyzed; reconcile any inconsistencies and discrepancies with
appropriate internal stakeholders.
- Produce accurate models in conjunction with other team members
with the end goal of developing reports.
- Identify areas of technological and process improvements that
broadly support the strategic retention focus.
Your Other Responsibilities:
- Lead and monitor end-to-end project assignments associated with
the implementation of complementary auxiliary systems and
- Understand and explain the design impacts on reporting,
population selections, and Financial Aid Processes.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 3-7 years of professional work experience in Enrollment
Management, Financial Aid, Bursars, or similarly related team
- Exhibits analytical, troubleshooting, problem-solving and
project management skills
- Strategic thinker with a proven record to translate data into
- Experience with a business intelligence tool (i.e Cognos) and
- Experience utilizing retention and student alert software (i.e
- Database administration experience; writing and querying
reports; analyzing data
- Ability to successfully collaborate working largely
independently and collaboratively with a wide range of
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
You'll be Preferred with:
- Having a broad understanding of the end to end student life
cycle and how it relates to system design and functionality, as
well as how each system relates to other institutional systems and
- Knowledge and advanced usage managing Slate by Technolutions
- Cognos, SQL, and Banner experience preferred
- Prior work with admissions/enrollment data and student
information systems a plus
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office; strong knowledge of Excel and
- Master's Degree
- Typical office environment
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods
- Ability to concentrate for long periods of time
Grade of Position: A17E
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 36.25
Hiring Range: $73,550.00 - $77,100.00
To apply, please visit: https://emerson.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Emerson_College_Staff/job/Boston-Campus/Associate-Director--Student-Financial-Systems-Analyst_JR001498
Emerson College is the nation’s only four-year institution dedicated exclusively to majors in communication and the arts in a liberal arts context. Its main campus is located in the center of the dynamic multicultural city of Boston, in close proximity to major publishing houses, arts institutions, and research centers. The college also has campuses in Los Angeles and the Netherlands. Emerson College enrolls over 4,300 graduate and undergraduate students from more than 70 countries and all 50 states.
Emerson College believes diversity enriches the educational experience by providing students with the opportunity to learn from individuals who may have different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Engagement with diversity in the curriculum, in our co-curricular offerings, and all other aspects of the College enhances the personal and intellectual growth of all members of our campus community. Emerson is committed to strengthening communities, including our workplace, by fostering the development of the intercultural competencies necessary for meaningful citizenship in an increasingly complex, pluralistic society. Emerson College does not discriminate on the basis of sex/gender in its educational programs or activities. Emerson has designated the Associate Vice President, Title IX, and Clery Coordinator to respond to inquiries regarding the College Sexual Misconduct Policy. The Title IX Coordinator may be reached at 8 Park Plaza, Transportation Bldg, Room 230 Boston, MA 02116; Telephone: 617-824-8999; email: email@example.com
Annual Clery Report
In accordance with the federal Clery and Campus SaVE Acts, Emerson College commits to providing all current and prospective students and employees with access to the annual campus security reports for each of our campuses. This report may be accessed from the Emerson College Police Department website.
Information on Emerson College staff grade range