Provost OSF Saint Francis College of Nursing
Serves as the chief academic officer of the College of Nursing and reports directly to the President of OSF College of Health Sciences. Works collaboratively with the President and others to develop and execute the strategic direction of the College of Nursing. The Provost oversees academic initiatives; instruction and assessment; student, faculty and staff affairs; strategic planning and college development; and stewardship of fiscal, physical and human resources of the College. Administers the operation of the College of Nursing within the philosophic framework and general policies of the Board of Directors and President of the College of Health Sciences and in conformity with state, federal, and accreditation regulations. As Chief Academic Officer, the Provost works closely with the deans to plan, implement and coordinate academic and co-curricular programs. Provides vision, and leadership to assure that the College of Health Sciences and College of Nursing missions are fulfilled and provides direction for the future growth of the Colleges. Delegates appropriate responsibility to deans, faculty, and staff. Establishes and maintains a positive presence in the academic, health care, and local communities and provides leadership in the fund-raising efforts of the College. Coordinates preparation of and approves reports for federal, state and accrediting bodies. Ensures the Catholic identity of the college is sustained as understood by the Sisters of the Third Order of Saint Francis and aligned with the mission of Catholic higher education.
- Candidate must have an earned doctorate degree in education or nursing.
- Current state licensure as a Registered Professional Nurse required.
- A minimum of five years of progressive administrative leadership experience in nursing education within an academic health organization or a multi-site system is required.
- Candidate must have a strong working knowledge of HLC and CCNE Accreditation Requirements, and understanding of Medicare Reimbursement.
- Knowledge of Corporate Compliance, CQI and Research activities desired.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, coordinate, direct, lead and build consensus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and collegially with both internal and external stakeholders, and to foster a sense of community.
- Strong academic background including accomplishments in scholarship and research.
- Demonstrated commitment to the success of students in their academic pursuits.
- Commitment to the recruitment retention and success of a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
- Strong analytical abilities and ability to work effectively under strict time constraints.
- Ability to work on several projects at one time with good organizational skills and judgment.
- Strong management, organizational, problem solving, conflict management, and time management skills.
- Ability to make and implement difficult decisions in a timely, collaborative and coordinated manner.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled Job seekers will be afforded equal opportunity regardless of their race, ethnicity, veteran status or disability status.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Peoria
- Health & Medicine Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Peoria
- Nursing Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Peoria
- Executive Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Peoria
- Provosts Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Peoria