Assistant Vice President for Academic Affairs
POSITION TITLE: Assistant Vice President for Academic Affairs
- Doctorate degree
- Excellent administrative, oral and written communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Documented proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications, databases, course management systems, learning management systems, and technological enhancements
- Experience with curriculum development or program submission
- Experience with regional and specialized accreditation
- Experience with academic higher education for at least 7 years with 3 years of direct supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated experience with shared governance or related activities.
- Demonstrated leadership experience.
- Five years of administrative experience in academic affairs at a four year or community college.
- Management/leadership experience at an administrative level.
- Demonstrated experience with academic assessment.
- Provide coverage and assume leadership for the Vice President and Provost when not on campus.
- Research accreditation and regulatory policies, procedures and guidelines to assist entities reporting to the Office of Academic Affairs and other community stakeholders.
- Work with Institutional Research personnel to assist academic units undergoing accreditation and program reviews and monitor collection and dissemination of data and self-study reports.
- Establish positive working partnerships with faculty, staff, academic divisions, other colleges and K-12 systems, and business and industry partners.
- Compose and revise policies, procedures, guidelines and other documents that have as their initiating authority the Office of Academic Affairs such as college catalog and faculty handbook.
- Assist the faculty and academic deans with new academic programs, development and maintain a matrix that tracks program development at all stages.
- Oversee the Career Services and supervise the staff.
- Oversee Community Service Learning.
- Establish articulation agreements with Community Colleges.
- Oversee the International Program and the Fulbright Program.
- Coordinate special initiatives with others institutions of higher learning and corporate partners.
- Oversee the College in the High School initiative and supervise the staff.
- Advise and assist academic departments with program and curriculum development
- Provide leadership with the program review process and compile the annual curriculum and assessment reports
- Monitor policy procedures and the course repeat policy from the Academic Code to ensure compliance.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Sound work ethics
- Proven Skills
- Listening skills
- Team player
SUPERVISION AND EVALUATION
- Performance of this job will be evaluated annually by the immediate supervisor in accordance with provisions of the Jarvis Christian College Administrative Policies and Procedures Manual.
- Success in the workplace depends on a strong commitment to the tasks assigned, respect for others and confidentiality in handling, and dealing with prospects, and sensitive constituent information
- Honesty, integrity, and treating others with respect are expected at all times.
- Good presentation skills which include, but not limited to, professional dress/business attire, excellent personal grooming, and excellent verbal, as well as, written skills.
- Assume responsibility for own professional growth and development, keeping current of best practices in area of responsibility
- Adhere to the Jarvis Christian College Code of Ethics
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Twelve (12) month position
Apply for Assistant Vice President for Academic Affairs
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly