Lecturer - Physics (#FP00065)
The Kettering University Physics Department invites applications for faculty positions from candidates committed to excellence in undergraduate education. We seek a full time Lecturer who will employ technical skills to maintain equipment for laboratories across our undergraduate curriculum, and work closely with undergraduates and faculty in the labs. Kettering University emphasizes experiential learning, and the High-Performance Computing Cluster (KUHPC), an X-ray diffractometer, and a confocal fluorescence microscope are among more than a dozen high-impact research tools made possible through recent instrumentation grants. Kettering offers undergraduate degree programs in Applied Physics and Engineering Physics, with a unique experiential learning structure including at least five co-op terms that alternate with academic terms. Applicants must demonstrate a strong affinity for teaching undergraduate students.
Interested individuals may apply for this position online:
Lecturer #2, focused on laboratories across our curriculum - Posting Number FP00065
Direct link to posting: http://jobs.kettering.edu/postings/6400
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching at the undergraduate level
- Record of designing and building experimental apparatus, and/or creating new teaching laboratory activities
- (preferred) Related professional experience outside academia
- MS in Physics or Engineering from an accredited institution
- Ability to teach a range of undergraduate lecture and laboratory courses in physics, using an active, student-focused approach
- Expertise and ability to manage multiple undergraduate teaching laboratories
- Demonstrated skill maintaining and repairing laboratory instrumentation and apparatus, including some electronics
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills in the English language;
- Ability and desire to contribute through department, university, community and professional service work
- Understanding and commitment to Kettering University Values
- RESPECT: for teamwork, honesty, encouragement, diversity partnerships with students.
- INTEGRITY: including accountability, transparency and ethics.
- CREATIVITY: fostering flexibility and innovation.
- COLLABORATION: across disciplines and with all partners.
- EXCELLENCE: in all we do.
Applicants should provide names and contact information for three (3) references.
All applicants should provide a cover letter, CV, and teaching statement in the Required Documents section.
Kettering University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer