Instructor or Assistant Professor of Business
Arkansas State University – Beebe, a two-year residential community college associated with the Arkansas State University System, invites applications for a full-time, promotion eligible, Instructor or Assistant Professor of Business to begin August 2021.
The successful candidate will possess a thorough knowledge of the discipline and teach a variety of business courses including Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, and Legal Environment of Business.
The individual hired will:
• Teach Face to Face, Hybrid, Online, Zoom, and Zoom Hybrid course offerings as needed
• Teach at our satellite locations as needed
• Maintain a roster of advisees across many Career Education disciplines
• Assist with curriculum development and review
• Participate in course and program assessment
• Engage in student recruitment and retention initiatives
• Serve on institutional committees
The ideal candidate will possess a strong desire for teaching and community engagement rather than research and publishing.
Required Education and/or Experience: Master’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, or closely related field. An ability to inspire, motivate, and empower students to succeed. Strong computer and technology skills.
Preferred Education and/or Experience: One to three years teaching experience. Credentials in Accounting, Computer Information Systems, or similar discipline are preferred but not required.