Coordinator of Instruction, Clinical Education and Simulation Lab (CESiL)
Coordinator of Instruction, Clinical Education and Simulation Lab
College of Nursing and Public Health
The Coordinator of Instruction for CESiL is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the College of Nursing and Public Health simulation and practice labs. The Instructor works closely with students and faculty.
REPORTS TO: Director, CESiL
RESPONSIBILTIES & DUTIES:
- Implements learning resource activities towards the achievement of program goals and objectives.
- Collaborates with faculty on development and implementation of simulation activities.
- Maintains records of student participation in CESiL.
- Evaluates students' performance when referred for prescriptive tutorials and communicates results to referring faculty.
- Prepares the CESiL for instructional purposes and for testing.
- Provides supervision and remediation to students during practice sessions in the CESiL.
- Maintains a working knowledge of computer applications.
- Assists students with software assignments.
- Maintains the environment of the CESiL.
- Communicates with faculty concerning student problems and concerns.
- Coordinates, assists, and administers various computer-based exams.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned by the Director/Assistant Director of CESiL.
REQUIREMENTS: (Knowledge, skills and abilities)
- Computer literacy.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Accurate record keeping.
- Current New York State Registered Nurse license.
- Be able to lift a minimum of 25 lbs.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing with recent clinical experience required.
- Master's Degree in Nursing preferred.
- Experience with simulation learning preferred.
- Certification in healthcare simulation preferred.
Adelphi University, New York, is a highly awarded, nationally ranked, powerfully connected doctoral research university dedicated to transforming students' lives through small classes with world-class faculty, hands-on learning and innovative ways to support academic and career success. Adelphi offers exceptional liberal arts and sciences programs and professional training, with particular strength in our Core Four—Arts and Humanities, STEM and Social Sciences, the Business and Education Professions, and Health and Wellness. Recognized as a Best College by U.S. News & World Report, Adelphi is Long Island's oldest private coeducational university, serving almost 8,000 students at its beautiful main campus in Garden City, at learning hubs in Manhattan, the Hudson Valley and Suffolk County, and online. The University offers more than 60 undergraduate programs, more than 65 master's degree and doctoral programs, and more than 35 certificate programs in the liberal arts, the sciences and professional training. With powerful partnerships throughout the New York area, more than 116,000 graduates across the country, a growing enrollment of students from 43 states and 64 countries, and rising rankings from top publications and organizations, Adelphi is a dynamic community that plays a leadership role on Long Island and in the region.
To apply, visit https://phf.tbe.taleo.net/phf02/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=ADELPHI&cws=39&rid=2530