Assistant Professor - Communication Sciences and Disorders
Assistant Professor - Tenure Track (2 positions)
Communication Sciences and Disorders
College of Education and Health Sciences
The Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders of Adelphi University (https://education-csd.adelphi.edu/) invites applications for two nine-month, tenure track appointments at the Assistant Professor level to begin August 2021. Both positions are pending approval based on university revenue projections as of Spring 2021.
The Department offers a vibrant and diverse clinical and research atmosphere where academic and clinical faculty are dedicated to providing students with the highest level of professional training in the classroom, at our on-campus Hy Weinberg Center for Communication Disorders, and in the New York metropolitan community. The Department of CSD offers degrees at the bachelors, masters, and doctoral levels, and is part of the College of Education and Health Sciences. We are dedicated to achieving programmatic excellence through cultural diversity.
- Teaching at the undergraduate, masters and doctoral levels.
- Maintaining an active research agenda; and university service.
- One or both candidates should be prepared to teach in the department's Sunday Manhattan Center program. These courses run on 8-week cycles, with 4 hours of class weekly.
- Applicants must have an earned doctorate in Speech-Language Pathology or a related area.
- Certificate of clinical competence and eligibility for a New York State license to practice preferred.
- We will consider applicants from all areas, but are particularly interested in persons with expertise in adult speech and language disorders and/or adult dysphagia.
- We are seeking candidates who have a strong commitment to teaching undergraduate and graduate students from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Applicants should submit a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, a statement of research interests, copies of representative publications, a statement of your teaching philosophy, and any evidence of successful teaching, particularly involving students from culturally diverse backgrounds.
- Three confidential letters of recommendation should be emailed to Laura L. Koenig, Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders, Adelphi University; email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Informal inquiries concerning the position are welcome: email@example.com.
- We will begin reviewing applications immediately and will continue until the appropriate candidates are secured.
- We strongly encourage applications from members of historically under-represented minority groups.
Adelphi University, New York, is a highly awarded, nationally ranked, powerfully connected research and teaching university dedicated to transforming students' lives through small classes with world-class faculty, hands-on learning and innovative ways to support academic and career success. Adelphi offers exceptional liberal arts and sciences programs and professional training, with particular strength in our Core Four—Arts and Humanities, STEM and Social Sciences, the Business and Education Professions, and Health and Wellness. Recognized as a Best College by U.S. News & World Report, Adelphi is Long Island's oldest private coeducational university, serving more than 8,100 students at its beautiful main campus in Garden City, at learning hubs in Manhattan, the Hudson Valley and Suffolk County, and online. The University offers students more than 50 undergraduate majors and 70 graduate programs in the liberal arts, the sciences and professional training. With powerful partnerships throughout the New York area, more than 115,000 graduates across the country, a growing enrollment of students from 41 states and 58 countries, and rising rankings from top publications and organizations, Adelphi is a dynamic community that plays a leadership role on Long Island and in the region.
To apply, visit https://phf.tbe.taleo.net/phf02/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=ADELPHI&cws=43&rid=2498