Assistant Professor - Adult Health Nursing
Assistant Professor - Tenure Track
Adult Health Nursing
College of Nursing and Public Health (CNPH)
The College of Nursing and Public Health at Adelphi University invites qualified candidates to apply for the Tenure-Track Assistant or Associate Professor position specializing in Adult Health Nursing.
- Teaching across the undergraduate and graduate adult health courses.
- Assist with administrative activities, based on candidate skills.
- Actively participate on College of Nursing and Public Health and University committees.
- Student advisement.
- A Master's degree in nursing. Research doctorate in nursing required (PhD or EdD or DNS).
- Licensure as an Adult Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner or Family Nurse Practitioner strongly preferred and national board certification in area of specialty.
- A NYS RN license or eligible for licensure in New York State.
- Strong clinical background in Medical Surgical Nursing.
- Experience in simulation technology, online or blended learning, research, and education. Additional experience preferred in our other areas (statistics, research design, education, administration) as well as curriculum development and implementation across all areas.
- We are strongly committed to achieving excellence through cultural diversity, and are seeking candidates who have a strong commitment to teaching undergraduate and graduate students from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Academic experiences with culturally diverse populations preferred.
- Interest In developing and implementing curricula related to culturally diverse populations.
- Experience with a variety of teaching methods.
- Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, contact information for three professional references online at https://www.adelphi.edu/hr/open-positions/
- Only electronic submissions will be reviewed. Review of applications will begin March 1, 2021 and continue until the position is filled.
- Upon further request, please send all professional references to Dr. Marie Cox, Chair, CNPH Search Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org
Adelphi University, New York, is a highly awarded, nationally ranked, powerfully connected doctoral research university dedicated to transforming students' lives through small classes with world-class faculty, hands-on learning and innovative ways to support academic and career success. Adelphi offers exceptional liberal arts and sciences programs and professional training, with particular strength in our Core Four—Arts and Humanities, STEM and Social Sciences, the Business and Education Professions, and Health and Wellness. Recognized as a Best College by U.S. News & World Report, Adelphi is Long Island's oldest private coeducational university, serving more than 8,100 students at its beautiful main campus in Garden City, at learning hubs in Manhattan, the Hudson Valley and Suffolk County, and online. The University offers students more than 50 undergraduate majors and 70 graduate programs in the liberal arts, the sciences and professional training. With powerful partnerships throughout the New York area, more than 115,000 graduates across the country, a growing enrollment of students from 41 states and 58 countries, and rising rankings from top publications and organizations, Adelphi is a dynamic community that plays a leadership role on Long Island and in the region.
To apply, visit https://phf.tbe.taleo.net/phf02/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=ADELPHI&cws=43&rid=2497