Visiting Assistant Professor of Psychology (with significant Statistics)
Title: Visiting Assistant Professor of Psychology (with significant Statistics)
Reports To: Division Chair
Position Type: Full Time
Standard Hours: 40 hours a week
FLSA Status: Exempt
Job Class: Faculty
Keuka College’s Division of Basic and Applied Social Sciences seeks to fill a Visiting Assistant Professor of Psychology position for the fall of 2021 This position is a 10-month with a 3-year term. The teaching load is 4/4. Ph.D. in psychology preferred although ABD will be considered, as well as a strong statistics background. The psychology program focuses on (1) general psychology consistent with the APA guidelines for undergraduate psychology, (2) developmental psychology, 3) mental health, and 4) forensic psychology. Faculty members may be asked to teach in a variety of class schedules, including daytime, evenings, and online. Keuka College welcomes colleagues dedicated to excellence in teaching at a liberal arts and sciences institution. We seek faculty with an interest in undergraduate research. The division of Basic and Applied Social Science supports the inclusion of gender and culture into the curriculum.
- Area of specialization is open, but the initial teaching load will include Introductory Psychology, and upper division courses in the candidate’s area of specialty.
- Teach statistics courses as a part of the normal teaching load in the home division but will have some cross-unit responsibilities.
- Additional responsibilities include student advisement, curriculum development, and program growth through recruitment and retention.
- Work closely with Division Chairs to provide end-to-end statistical expertise and delivery of analyses for the ongoing scholarship.
- Actively participate in project consultation to undergraduate and graduate students to support the statistical design and to offer statistical consultation for ad hoc student projects
- Responsible for ensuring that assigned tasks are completed in compliance with various institutional and regulatory requirements.
- Maintain a professional and courteous attitude at all times towards co-workers, internal and external customers, representing Keuka College, its programs, policies, and procedures in a positive and professional manner. Maintain effective working relationships to ensure institution-wide teamwork.
- Attend provided/necessary training and other meetings to support effectiveness within the position as required.
- Consistently demonstrate high standards of integrity by supporting the Keuka College mission, vision, and values and adhering to institutional policies.
- Maintain a high regard for student privacy in accordance with the FERPA privacy policies and procedures.
- Regular and reliable attendance is expected and required.
- Perform other functions as assigned by management.
- Candidates must have a Ph.D. in psychology, although ABD will be considered.
- Professional certification and/or license required.
- Occasional evening hours/weekends.
- Occasional lifting up to 25 lbs.
In support of the Americans with Disabilities Act, this job description lists only those responsibilities and qualifications deemed essential to the position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Bluff Point
- Education Non-Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Bluff Point
- Curriculum & Instruction Non-Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Bluff Point
- Social & Behavioral Sciences Non-Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Bluff Point
- Psychology Non-Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Bluff Point