Assistant Coach, Soccer #605383
This assistant soccer coach position will promote a safe and healthy environment of learning and growth on and off the field. Mentor and guide student-athletes throughout their career from recruitment through graduation. This position will take ownership and responsibility to design, implement, execute, and evolve the areas below:
- Ensures that team rules and regulations regarding conduct and eligibility of the athletes are clearly communicated and followed
- Maintain NCAA compliance
- Promotes a successful philosophy to promote the educational welfare and sportsmanship of the student-athlete
- Assists in coordination of all strategic aspects of training, including planning and implementation of playing objectives, principles, and video analysis of players, including but not limited to:
- Goalkeeper mission and year-to-year goals
- Attacking player strategy and tactics
- Individual player development of technical skill and concepts
- Assists with Video and Game Tape analysis and editing
- Assists the Head Coach with on and off campus scouting and recruitment of prospective student athletes
- Assists as directed with the oversight of athletic training, strength, and conditioning workouts; provides technical support and training to athletes, as appropriate
- Assists with Day-to-Day Operations
- Facility and Equipment set up and upkeep
- Field set up for events including training, practice, and game
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- NSCAA D Coaching License or equivalent
- 1+ Year of Division 1 coaching experience
Commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply" button on this page. You must submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button by midnight of the application deadline. If you need assistance completing your application there are instructions available on the Human Resources website or in person in the Human Resources Department located in Building 91 on the NAU Campus - on the corner of Beaver and DuPont Streets.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the hiring process please contact the Office of Equity and Access at: 928-523-3312/TDD - 928-523-1006 or PO Box 4083, Flagstaff AZ 86011.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Northern Arizona University is a committed Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. NAU is responsive to the needs of dual career couples.
EEO is the Law Poster and Supplements
NAU is an Employer of National Service. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other National Service alumni are encouraged to apply.