Coordinator of First Year Programming & Family Engagement
The Coordinator of First-Year Programming and Family Engagement will play an integral role in the successful delivery of all orientation-related programs and ongoing first-year student engagement programming throughout the year. Provide campus leadership to programs related to first-year student success in collaboration with campus partners, and provide direct one-to-one services to students related to academic support and transition. Assist in the oversight of pre-arrival communications for incoming students, and develop communications and programming for the families of first-year students.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
Education required to ensure success in this position:
Experience required to ensure success in this
• 2-5 years of related experience in the planning and oversight of student academic success programming.
• 2-5 years of experience in student affairs working with orientation, residence life and/or student development activities.
Special skills, knowledge and abilities:
• Leadership ability in program development.
• Strong written and oral communication, collaboration, and teamwork skills.
• Familiarity with research on and higher education programs related to academic success and first-year students.
• Deep and genuine commitment to work directly with students to facilitate their development, provide educational opportunity, and foster academic engagement and success.
• Ability to work effectively with faculty and staff from across the institution with an understanding of the perceptions and needs of these areas.
• Ability to train and supervise students serving as peer educators.
License, certification, or registration necessary:
• Sedentary work in office area that may require ascending and descending stairs.
• Ability to use computer keyboard and read screen efficiently and correctly.
• Typical office environment adequately heated, cooled and ventilated.
Ability to operate the following vehicles or
• Computer and other office equipment.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Regular and predictable attendance is essential. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Provide direction for first-year student orientation activities including Online Orientation, Summer Orientation Workshops, Orientation Week, and First-Year Class Meeting. Assess and evaluate program quality as related to programmatic goals.
2. Monitor and coordinate strategic incoming student communication plan including emails, letters, and social media presence.
3. In collaboration with campus partners, develop and implement intentional programming for first-year students aimed at key components of student transition support.
4. Provide leadership for a strategic communication plan for parents and families of incoming students.
5. Recruit, select, train, and supervise students to support first-year initiatives programming.
6. Oversee the budget for orientation and first-year programming.
7. Teach GST 101: Strategies for Academic Success, and work individually with students as needed related to student progress, support, and intervention.
8. Serve as a member of the Office of Student Success & Transition team and provide additional services to campus and students as needed.
Other roles/duties will be assigned as necessary to assist the College in the attainment of the goals set forth and the enhancement of a positive, respectful learning environment for all staff, faculty and students.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Berea
- Student Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Berea
- Other Student Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Berea
- Student Activities & Services Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Berea