Dean, Student Experience
Empowering people by raising aspirations and fostering achievement through dynamic, Compassionate and responsible learning experiences.
Title: Dean, Student Experience Reports to: Vice President, Student Affairs
FLSA: Exempt Classification: Management Grade: D62
The Dean, Student Experience is responsible for the development and management of the College’s enrollment development strategy including the areas of recruitment, enrollment services, financial aid services, assessment services, advising services, student records and the provision of all student supports through Community Education Centers. This position will provide key leadership for defining the student experience at L&C from recruitment through completion of individual academic goals. The position is also responsible for the management of Community Education Center services, the ongoing operation and development of the N.O. Nelson Campus and Community Education Centers throughout the district.
KEY MEASURABLE EXPECTIONS:
- Provide leadership and direction to the Recruitment Team in developing and implementing the College's Recruitment Plan including student tracking, follow-up and regular reporting on progress toward stated goals and objectives.
- Assure that potential students in all segments of the college district are contacted including high school students, re-entry adults, veterans, athletes and others
- Provide leadership and advocacy in the use of technology to deliver services to students, while reserving human resources to provide personal assistance to students in problem-solving.
- Provide planning and technical expertise for services that support the College’s enrollment operations and goals using the College’s administrative system, Ellucian Colleague and Ellucian CRM Recruit.
- Work with Vice President of Student Affairs and Dean of Student Services in providing integrated, coordinated and comprehensive student support services that effectively support student success.
- Collaborate with Academic Affairs to assist students in successfully navigating through institutional processes and procedures; provide support to faculty in processes dealing with census reporting, class add/drops, early alert monitoring and grading,
- Provide leadership and direction for services and operations of N.O. Nelson Campus and Community Education Centers.
- Provide leadership and direction to the Advising Team for developing and supporting advising services to students that reflect industry best practice.
- Provide leadership and direction to the Student Records Team for developing and supporting student records services to students that reflect industry best practice.
- Provide leadership and direction the Financial Aid Team for developing and supporting financial aid services to students that reflect industry best practice.
- Prepare yearly goals and an evaluation report in areas of responsibility.
- Hold meetings within the area to facilitate communication.
- Prepare and recommend job specifications, qualifications, and announcements for new positions in the area.
- Supervise and evaluate the performance of assigned staff; interview and participate in selecting employees; orient, train, counsel, discipline and terminate personnel according to established policies and procedures.
- Approve conference requests and purchase orders for the area.
- Maintain inventories of supplies and equipment allocated to the area.
- Serve on College and District committees as assigned.
- Other related duties as assigned
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Master’s degree required, doctorate degree preferred, from an accredited institution supplemented by a minimum of five (5) years of full-time student services, teaching, or workforce development experience in a college environment.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and sustain partnered programs between or among educational institutions: high schools, community colleges, and universities; and between or among non-profit agencies, businesses, and corporations.
- Demonstrated ability in planning and resource management.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with faculty and administrative colleagues.
- Experience in Illinois community college governance and funding preferred.
- Competency in using Ellucian CRM Recruit and Colleague software desired.
- Competency in using Microsoft Office software desired.
- Demonstrated commitment to the mission of the community college required.
Lewis & Clark Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, LCCC will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer. It is also the policy of the College to prohibit and form of harassment based on an individual’s protected status, such as gender, color, race, ancestry, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation or other protected group status as defined by law. If interested, please contact the Human Resource Department, Erickson Hall – Room 107.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Godfrey
- Deans Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Godfrey
- Student Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Godfrey
- Student Activities & Services Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Godfrey