Data Manager, eCampus
Data Manager, eCampus
Position Number: S00771P
Position Type: Staff
Search Type: External
Posted Salary Information: Grade 44: (Click here for EKU Salary Grades)
Driver Classification: Non Driver
Division: Academic Affairs/Provost
Department: Office of the Provost
Unit: Office of e-Campus Learning
Contact Person: Tim Matthews
Schedule Type: Full Time (37.5 hrs per week or more)
Additional Schedule Details:
Funding Source: Institutional
The e-Campus Data Manager is responsible for the development, implementation, analysis, and delivery of results for a wide variety research and data management duties for the Office of e-Campus Learning.
The incumbent will design research studies that evaluate and enhance the delivery of services to students, faculty, and the University. Interpretation of the findings will support e-Campus course delivery and development, student recruitment, and student retention.
The Data Manager will manage and coordinate all survey research and student opinion of instruction evaluations for the Office of e-Campus Learning. Duties include survey design, deployment, analysis of results, and delivery of findings to the appropriate stakeholders.
The Data manager will process applications, validate requirement completion, and issue certificates for all e-Campus programs that offer “departmental” certificates. A database of all certificate recipients must be setup and maintained.
The Data Manager will assist in the budget development and financial reporting processes of e-Campus. This includes reconciling financial data between tuition revenue and invoice data. This includes constructing, maintaining, and analyzing a revenue database for all EKU e-Campus programs.
The Data Manager will formulate, implement, and provide observations on unit assessments for the Office of e-Campus Learning using EKU's TracDat system or other systems deployed for this purpose.
The incumbent must be familiar with or able to master numerous data systems used by the university, including Banner, Argos, TracDat, eXplorance's Blue evaluation system. Will need to be able to extrapolate data from a variety of systems and be familiar with all Microsoft and Google software, including Google Docs, Excel, PPT, Qualtrix, SPSS and R.
Specific accountability includes the planning, management, assessment, and interpretation for all areas of evaluation and research needed by the Office of e-Campus Learning. This includes, but is not limited to, Student Opinion of Instruction, student enrollment data for all e-Campus programs, student demographics, student retention, and student graduation.
• Familiarity with research study design, data collection, database development and management, statistical analyses, and technical report authoring.
• Understanding of computer database formats and data importation/exportation techniques.
• Statistical Analysis: Knowledge of the appropriate statistical analyses to conduct for a variety of research studies.
• Report Writing: Ability to incorporate research study findings into a complete technical report format.
• Exceptional knowledge of the EKU Banner Systems’ student and departmental reports
• Ability to become proficient with eXplorance Blue
• Ability to acquire knowledge of the EKU TracDat System
• Ability to use EKU DegreeWorks to review student academic records
• Familiar with MS Office Applications
• Experience with SPSS and or Qualtrix Software preferable
• Data Collection
• Data Organization
• Service Orientation
• Synthesis/Organization of Findings
• Troubleshooting Technical Difficulties
• Team Orientation
Minimum Licensure and Certification:
e-Campus Student Opinion of Instruction Survey Administration
Coordinate all e-Campus Survey Research
• Develop analysis methodologies and reporting formats appropriate for intended purpose. Maintain databases, produce charts and presentations.
Budget Development and Financial Reconciliation
e-Campus Certificate Administration
Student Retention Analysis
• Learn and facilitate the use of Slate, as appropriate. Slate is EKU’s CRM for processing applications, communicating with students, and collecting data charting the relationships across a host of variables used to track students’ progress through the s
Posting Number: S00771P
Number of Vacancies: 1
Job Open Date: 05/04/2021
Application Review Date:
Job Close Date:
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions Summary:
Eastern Kentucky University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and educational institution and does not discriminate on the basis of age (40 and over), race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, ethnicity, disability, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information in the admission to, or participation in, any educational program or activity (e.g., athletics, academics and housing) which it conducts or any employment policy or practice.
Background Check Statement:
Offers of employment are contingent upon satisfactory background check.
To apply, visit https://jobs.eku.edu/postings/16572