Warehouse Services Coordinator
Warehouse Services Coordinator
Job no: 527351
Work type: Classified Staff
Location: Eugene, OR
Categories: Administrative/Professional, Operations/Infrastructure
Department: Campus Services - Finance and Administration Shared Services
Classification: Warehouse Coordinator
Appointment Type and Duration: Regular, Ongoing
Salary: $14.75 - $21.40 Hourly
Review of Applications Begins
Posting closes May 14th, 2021
Special Instructions to Applicants
To be considered for this position, applicants must submit a complete application.
Complete applications must include an online application, a cover letter, resume and answers to the following supplemental questions:
1. What are the top three professional attributes you would bring to this position to be successful?
2. When you move into a new position how do you gain the confidence of those around you—those higher up in the administration, your co-workers, and customers?
3. This position requires the ability to handle several tasks at once, sometimes with different customers/staff needing projects accomplished simultaneously. How do you handle multiple tasks with competing timelines? Give us an example of how you prioritize your work.
Purchasing is a unit within Finance and Administration Shared Services in the Vice President of Finance and Administration (VPFA) portfolio. Finance and Administration is a vibrant and varied portfolio serving all aspects of campus life. Our employees perform a wide range of functions including offering essential financial tools and support to the university's many departments, providing key resources to employees, and keeping campus safe, clean, accessible and beautiful.
Finance and Administration Shared Services (FASS) provides service within the VPFA portfolio specific to four business functions: budget and finance, accounting and purchasing, human resources, and information technology. FASS is a unit within the Campus Services group in the Finance and Administration portfolio. Finance and Administration is a vibrant and varied portfolio serving all aspects of campus life. Our employees perform a wide range of functions including offering essential financial tools and support to the university's many departments, providing key resources to employees, and keeping campus safe, clean, accessible and beautiful.
The FASS unit provides administrative services for several departments within the VPFA portfolio including:
- Campus Planning and Facilities Management: Campus Planning,
Design and Construction, Facilities Services, Utilities and Energy,
and the Office of Sustainability
- Safety and Risk Services: UO Police Department, Emergency
Management, Risk Management and Environmental Health and Safety,
and Campus GIS
- Campus Services: Transportation Services, Printing Services,
Finance and Administration Shared Services, and Vivian Olum Child
The purpose of the Warehouse Coordinator position is to coordinate all activities and procedures in the Purchasing warehouse operation, including ordering for stock, inventory control, receiving, shipping, customer service, pick-up and delivery, asset control, and associated systems data entry, maintenance and audit. This position will direct classified staff and student workers and ensures procedures and purchasing rules are followed.
Interactions occur daily with the campus community and external vendors in the course of performing work and responding to issues. This position works as a member of a team while frequently performing tasks independently. Decisions may be made about the best method, personnel and materials necessary to perform a particular task or to maintain required service levels. They may also include setting priorities, assessing customer needs and responding to those needs in a timely and efficient manner while upholding the standards of Finance and Administration Shared Services.
Work is reviewed regularly by the Purchasing and Logistics Manager to ensure it is performed efficiently, safely, and meets both expectations and applicable requirements. A performance appraisal is conducted annually.
This unit may provide essential services during times of emergencies and inclement weather. This position may be required to fulfill essential services and functions during these times.
It is an essential requirement of this position to qualify for and maintain UO driver's certification eligibility, which includes maintaining an Oregon driver's license throughout employment in this position.
- Knowledge of warehouse operations and storeroom methods in the
areas of shipping/receiving, delivery/stock rotation and inventory
control procedures; AND
- Knowledge of transportation agencies and shipping
- Perform duties in a way that advances and supports the mission
of the department and university.
- Work effectively in a diverse team environment and create
effective relationships for problem solving and positive
- Take initiative, looking for what needs to be done and doing
- Pay close attention to detail.
- Maintain a safe and safety-conscious workplace.
- Maintain a respectful workplace and model and positive and
- Model the highest ethical standards.
- Proficient written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service, and maintain
good relationships with clients and vendors.
- Proficient Microsoft Office skills.
- Commitment to the highest standards of work quality and
- Proficiency navigating common computer programs and the
- One year experience in a warehouse setting performing stores
and inventory work.
- Experience using a computerized inventory management system to
monitor, order, and reconcile physical inventories.
- One year customer service experience.
- Supervisory or lead-work experience including scheduling,
coordinating workflow, and task completion.
- Higher education facilities experience.
- Experience ensuring procedures and purchasing rules are
- Experience operating computerized equipment and diagnosing
- Experience with all mail classes including standard,
non-profit, and periodicals.
- Experience processing FedEx and UPS shipping.
- Experience managing program resources and work/shift
FLSA Exempt: No
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a background inquiry.
This is a classified position represented by the SEIU Local 503, Oregon Public Employees Union.
The University of Oregon is proud to offer a robust benefits package to eligible employees, including health insurance, retirement plans and paid time off. For more information about benefits, visit http://hr.uoregon.edu/careers/about-benefits.
The University of Oregon is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution committed to cultural diversity and compliance with the ADA. The University encourages all qualified individuals to apply, and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected status, including veteran and disability status. The University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. To request an accommodation in connection with the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 541-346-5112.
UO prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression in all programs, activities and employment practices as required by Title IX, other applicable laws, and policies. Retaliation is prohibited by UO policy. Questions may be referred to the Title IX Coordinator, Office of Civil Rights Compliance, or to the Office for Civil Rights. Contact information, related policies, and complaint procedures are listed on the statement of non-discrimination.
In compliance with federal law, the University of Oregon prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and services. The Annual Campus Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at http://police.uoregon.edu/annual-report.
To apply, visit https://careers.uoregon.edu/en-us/job/527351/warehouse-services-coordinator