Director of Procurement Services
Purpose of Job
The Director of Procurement Services is responsible for the direction, coordination, and evaluation of all procurement services departments.
- Bachelor degree and three years’ work experience in business related environment, or an equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- A minimum of 5 – 10 years of management experience preferably in higher education or other non-profit environment.
- Knowledge of financial management experience, effective business practices, contract management/negotiation skills and risk management.
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- 10 years of management experience. Experience in Banner or similar ERP System.
- Proficiency in the use of computerized accounting systems, integrated computer systems.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Products, Word, and Excel
Scope of Responsibilities
- The successful candidate will possess strong organizational and leadership skills; excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills; the ability to work independently and manage a heavy workload; and perform under high standards at all times in order to be successful in this position.
- Ensures that internal and external customers are receiving consistent, timely and customer-oriented services. Addresses issues properly, efficiently and thoughtfully.
- The Director of Procurement Services will oversee the following departments: Purchasing, Travel, Accounts Payable, and Property Controls to enhance and improve operations.
- The Director will work closely with internal and external customers to resolve issues with vendor payments, travel related issues, fixed assets, receiving goods and other purchasing issues.
- The Director of Procurement Services is also responsible for managing the different types of credit and travel cards used by the University ensuring that such services are always available to the University staff and faculty. Reviewing bids and reconciling open invoice reports.
Essential Job Functions
- Develop and execute procurement and payable strategies to create purchase discipline throughout the University to maximize cost savings and efficiency.
- Execute, communicate, and enforce procurement and accounts payable policies and procedures to support strategy.
- Trains and supervises staff in the procurement services departments.
- Ensure month-end and year-end closure of all procurement services processes.
- Ability to handle sensitive information and maintain confidentiality with discretion and good judgement.
- Must be service oriented, adaptable and open to change as the financial services departments evolve.
- Ensure year tax statements are issued to vendors and students including timely filing with the appropriate taxing authorities.
- Ensure monthly reconciliation of all travel and purchasing card statements to the general ledger.
Other relate duties:
- Assist with the implementation, testing and maintenance of Banner Systems.
- Work closely with CITS personnel when necessary to explore new Banner functions.
- Use judgment in communicating issues to supervisor.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of tax requirements for reporting vendor and student payments to the IRS.
- Ability to effectively analyze data and queries, think critically and make independent decisions.
- Knowledge and possession of high professional standards and a personal code of ethics characterized by honesty, integrity, openness, and fairness.
- Ability to lead a team of professional staff, serve as an internal resource and work closely with a wide array of faculty, staff and/or administrators.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- A willingness and passion to learn new hardware and software systems.
- Ability to work part of a team or alone without close supervision.
- Ability to use Banner ERP systems, Microsoft Office.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Lorman
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Lorman
- Business & Administrative Support Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Lorman
- Financial Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Lorman