Director of the Meadows Museum of Art
Centenary College of Louisiana seeks a creative and dynamic individual for the position of Director of the Meadows Museum of Art. The Meadows Museum is an educational unit of the College charged with the collection, conservation, preservation and interpretation of visual art works of museum quality from the College Collection inclusive of the Indochina Collection of Jean Despujols. This comprehensive Collection represents the aesthetic achievements of a variety of world cultures and of artists whose works represent the unique culture of Louisiana. The museum is located on the Centenary campus and serves as a focal point for the campus and surrounding community.
The Director ensures effective day to day operations of the Museum and is responsible for development and execution of exhibits and events that advance the College curriculum and strategic plan. The Director reports to the Provost and Dean of the College. Primary Responsibilities include:
- Providing vision, leadership and guidance in aligning the goals and objectives of the Meadows Institutional Plan with the College's evolving strategic plan.
- Planning and preparing innovative exhibitions that serve Centenary’s diverse and inclusive campus and community.
- Planning and implementing community outreach activities.
- Supervising a robust program of student interns.
- Maintaining accreditation standards.
- Managing fundraising activities by working with the College's development office, writing grants, and stewarding donor relations, including with the Friends of the Meadows Museum.
- Teaching in the Art Department and/or the Museum Management program, as appropriate.
Minimum qualifications include an advanced degree in a visual arts discipline, previous museum or gallery experience, and strong marketing and communication skills.
Preference will be given to candidates with one or more of the following qualifications: a terminal degree in a visual arts discipline, museology, curatorial studies, or a museum management certificate or degree; experience with building diverse audiences, grant writing, fundraising, or donor relations; teaching experience; and/or experience with a college or university museum or gallery program.
To apply, send a letter of application, CV or resume, and contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org or:
Department of Human Resources
Centenary College of Louisiana
2911 Centenary Boulevard
Shreveport, Louisiana 71104
Candidates are invited to visit the College’s website at www.centenary.edu/jobs. Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
Centenary College of Louisiana is a selective, residential, national liberal arts college affiliated with the United Methodist Church. Founded in 1825, it is the oldest chartered liberal arts college west of the Mississippi River and is a member of the Associated Colleges of the South.
Centenary recognizes that diversity is essential to its goal of providing an educational environment where students explore the unfamiliar, invent new approaches to understanding, and connect their work and lives to the world at large. We thus welcome applicants who would add to the College's diversity of ideas, beliefs, experiences, and cultural backgrounds. EOE.