Faculty, Medical Educator
Faculty, Medical EducatorDepartment
School of MedicineVacancy Number
Columbus, GAJob Type
Mercer University School of Medicine is seeking highly qualified educators with broad training and demonstrated experience or enthusiasm for teaching in an integrated pre-clerkship medical school curriculum. Each of the three vacant positions is a non-tenure track, 10-month appointment on the Columbus, GA campus.
Teaching faculty will play a key role in the continued development and implementation of an integrated, cross-disciplinary curriculum that includes small and large group case-based and team-based learning, and other active teaching-learning methods.
Successful candidates will have a strong record of scholarly activity and evidence of medical or graduate teaching expertise in one of the following disciplines / areas:
1) Physiology (candidates with expertise in gastrointestinal, or endocrine & reproductive physiology will be given preference)
2) Microbiology (candidates with expertise in infectious diseases will be given preference)
In the cover letter, applicants should note which of the above three positions they are applying to.
Applications for full-time and/or visiting faculty at the Assistant, Associate or Full Professor rank will be considered and are available immediately. For over thirty years, MUSM has focused on training medical students to fulfill MUSM's mission of preparing healthcare professionals to meet the primary care and health care needs of rural and underserved Georgia residents and communities. Emphasizing interactive and problem-based teaching strategies, our student-centered faculty provides a conceptual and practical foundation that equips graduates to be discerning consumers and innovative producers of knowledge across a variety of medical and community settings, as well as academic institutions. Through teaching, scholarship, and service, students and faculty work closely to have local, regional, national, and international impact.Qualifications
- Hold a terminal degree (M.D or equivalent, Ph.D.) from an accredited college/university in an appropriate discipline. In the case of applicants to the Pharmacology position, applications are invited from individuals with a PharmD degree as well.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in health professions education particularly with utilizing active learning methods in teaching biomedical sciences in one of the three areas/disciplines listed above;
- Experience independently developing learning resources, independently developing and facilitating large group interactive learning sessions, developing items for assessment of student learning, and serving as a discipline representative in one of the above three areas;
- Experience as a tutor/facilitator of small group interdisciplinary case-based learning sessions in a clinically oriented pre-clerkship medical curriculum.
Applicants applying for Associate or Full Professor ranks should have a strong record of medical school teaching in large and small group settings.
Faculty members are expected to participate broadly across the curricula in both the medical and graduate programs, engage in scholarship in areas of biomedical science, medical education, or community-oriented research, and serve on departmental, school-wide, or other committees as designated.Background Check
Selection of the final candidate is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check.Pay Rate
Commensurate with experienceRequired Documents
CV, Cover Letter, ReferencesSpecial Instructions to Applicants
Interested candidates will need to complete a brief online application at https://jobs.mercer.edu and submit a CV, letter of interest, and three letters of reference with contact information. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.EEO Statement
Mercer University recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Columbus
- Health & Medicine Non-Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Columbus
- Kinesiology, Exercise Physiology & Physical Education Non-Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Columbus
- Other Health & Medicine Non-Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Columbus