Assistant/ Associate Professor of Chemistry
Why the American University of Iraq – Baghdad?
The new American University of Iraq – Baghdad (AUIB) opened in Spring of 2021. AUIB began as a dream of influential individuals in Iraqi and United States business, industry, and government who want to see a world-class institution of higher learning established in the city, reminiscent of the days when Baghdad was an educational mecca and flourishing capital of the Muslim world. With an expansive library, palatial college buildings and student centers, state-of-the-art classrooms, laboratories, and athletic facilities, AUIB is a beautiful campus attracting students, faculty, and staff from throughout the world. We invite you to join us in this exciting new venture.
Job description/ duties and responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Teach basic and advanced didactic and laboratory courses for undergraduates in chemistry.
- Advise major students on all matters that relate to their course registration and academic success.
- Develop chemistry program curriculum, jointly with head of department; and contribute to ongoing program review, assessment, and evaluation.
- Set up chemistry labs and supervise lab instruction.
- Prepare chemistry labs’ manual as needed.
- Develop program marketing materials and assist in recruitment activities.
- Participate in scholarly activities, university and public service, as appropriate.
Qualifications: Candidate must have
- PhD in chemistry from an accredited North American university
- Minimum of 3 years of teaching experience post- graduation in a college/ university setting
- Familiarity with American system of higher education
Procedure for Candidacy:
Applications should include a cover letter addressing
qualifications for the position, a curriculum vitae, current formal
photo, and the names and contact information for three (3) previous
HR directors as a references. Applications and nominations will be
accepted until the position is filled. Confidential review of
materials and screening of candidates will begin
Please send your application with supporting documents to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org with Karin.Jesuis@auib.edu.iq, email@example.com in copy.