Welcome to Furman University's Career Site!
- IMPORTANT: Load all documents in the My Experience area under Resume/CV. This may include your resume/C.V., cover letter, unofficial transcript, teaching philosophy, etc. Please wait for all documents to finish uploading before clicking Next.
- If the process times out you will lose your progress, so please ensure you have all necessary documents available before starting.
- The drop-down lists only display so many options: please type into a drop-down list to search for your option. For example: in Field of Study, you may need to enter your field name. If you have no field, type "None."
- If you have previously applied, make sure your information is current as you can transfer it to another application.
- Prior to submitting your application, verify all information for accuracy and ensure you have uploaded all appropriate documents. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit your application other than to change your contact information.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact the Office of Human Resources via email at
firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 864-294-2217.
Enterprise Information Systems
The Platform Administrator works with a diverse range of people and projects to manage the security, development, maintenance, support, documentation and continuous improvement of our enterprise applications and systems.
Managing the security, business processes, data audits and corrections, systems updates, system configuration, and overall functionality of our enterprise application environments.
Administering system security ensuring users are granted appropriate and approved access while following governance procedures and documenting changes.
Managing production and test environments by establishing a well-controlled systems environment by defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards.
High level of professionalism and confidentiality in dealing with confidential data and business information and initiatives.
Facilitating discussions across campus to understand business, information, and security needs and work to align the technology to support the business.
Identifying, recommending and tracking opportunities for process and operational optimization.
Supporting campus users by troubleshooting problems, answering questions, delegating access, creating and/or modifying reports, resetting passwords and assisting in the creation of documentation as needed.
Maintains currency of knowledge and skills related to the duties and responsibilities; including maintaining up to date information about the department and university.
Assisting with the development of training plans to help end-users carry out role-based and user- based responsibilities in the system.
Collaborating with 3rd party vendors and configuring and testing integration security between Furman and 3rd party solutions.
Proven ability to manage multiple projects while remaining focused on detail. Performs additional duties and responsibilities as needed."
Job Posting End Date (if date is blank, posting is open ended):
To apply, visit https://furman.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Furman_Careers/job/Main-Campus/Platform-Administrator_R001164
Furman is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty and staff. The University aspires to create a community of people representing a multiplicity of identities including gender, race, religion, spiritual belief, sexual orientation, geographic origin, socioeconomic background, ideology, world view, and varied abilities. Domestic partners of employees are eligible for comprehensive benefits.