Facilities Office Manager
Facilities Office Manager
Welcome to Furman University's Career Site!
- IMPORTANT: Load all documents in the My Experience area under Resume/CV. This may include your resume/C.V., cover letter, unofficial transcript, teaching philosophy, etc. Please wait for all documents to finish uploading before clicking Next.
- If the process times out you will lose your progress, so please ensure you have all necessary documents available before starting.
- The drop-down lists only display so many options: please type into a drop-down list to search for your option. For example: in Field of Study, you may need to enter your field name. If you have no field, type "None."
- If you have previously applied, make sure your information is current as you can transfer it to another application.
- Prior to submitting your application, verify all information for accuracy and ensure you have uploaded all appropriate documents. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit your application other than to change your contact information.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact the Office of Human Resources via email at
firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 864-294-2217.
Facilities Office Manager
Facilities Services Admin
To oversee general office operations and activities specific to Facilities Services, serve as initial point of contact for visitors/customers; facilitate an effective response to service requests from customers, and to perform a wide variety of administrative functions in support of the department.
Characteristic Duties & Responsibilities:
Work Order Administration
- Oversee all operational aspects of the work order system and ensure the system functions at the expected effectiveness level. Ensure work order charges are appropriate and accurate by auditing records on a periodic basis. Monitor work request status on a periodic bases to ensure customer needs are being adequately met.
- Monitor the work order system in a regular basis for new work request and assign them to the appropriate department.
- Coordinate with food service provider and facilities maintenance on food service equipment repairs. Dispatch appropriate personnel and/or contractors for needed repairs and ensure the invoicing of repairs is managed per the food service contract.
- Coordinate with Pest Control contractor and campus customers to ensure that areas needing treatment is completed in a timely manner.
- Assist visiting customer/guests with registration at guest portal and/or direct them as needed.
- Respond to customer requests that arrive via phone & email and direct them as needed according to established policies and procedures.
- Maintain inventory of needed office supplies. Check inventory levels on a periodic basis and reorder as needed.
- Assist with the ordering of non-inventoried supplies for facilities office staff.
- Maintain accurate property tax records for all vehicles owned by Furman. Ensure eligible vehicles receive property tax exemptions and process property tax bills on a timely basis.
- Update certain aspects of the facilities web page including pertinent personnel changes at Facilities.
- Oversee and manage paper shredding service contract. Coordinate changes to pickup route and ensure pickups are scheduled/completed when needed.
- Assist with the collection and processing of time sheets for temporary contract employees on a biweekly basis.
- Assist with the sorting of incoming mail.
- Assist with the planning of department related events, picnics.
- Assist employees with recording and initiating accident reports. Provide backup assistance to the Risk Management Department.
- Coordinate, initiate, prepare, process, and/or monitor various financial/administrative/operations forms, records, reports, schedules, and other documents, ensuring timely and accurate completion of documents by other department/University personnel and/or outside individuals/organizations.
- Compile a variety of information from both manual and computerized records and files for regular and special reports and in response to specific requests by supervisor or others.
- Perform various bookkeeping functions: initiate and process financial documents related to operating budgets, special accounts, and the like; monitor financial activity; organize and maintain financial records; prepare related reports.
- Serve as administrative liaison with faculty, staff, and/or other key department constituency: explain policies/procedures; answer various questions; coordinate services; place service calls for equipment, handle special requests or problems.
- General support for members of the management team.
- Providing support may include managing and booking travel, meeting scheduling, and expense analysis.
- Confer regularly with immediate supervisor, other department and University personnel, and/or various outside individuals/organizations to plan and coordinate activities, exchange information, and resolve problems.
- Assist with general office work: answer phones, type/print using word processor correspondence, reports, etc.; order office supplies; maintain appointment calendars; set up meetings; photocopy; screen and distribute mail; orientation of new employees, weekly meeting minutes, and the like.
- Maintain current knowledge of University policies and procedures.
- Completes University new employee orientation and sexual harassment training.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
No direct supervisory responsibility.
Supervision is received from AVP of Facility Services. This is a support role for our entire organization so direction and input will be provided from the various managers within Facilities that you will be interacting with on a daily basis.
Associate's degree in business or other appropriate discipline desired. Three to four years of relevant administrative experience, or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired.
- Broad base of general office management knowledge and skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office systems including Word, Excel, Powerpoint. Experience with Workday and Asset Essentials software is a plus.
- Good basic administrative and organizational skills. Experience in organizing and maintaining information electronically. Previous experience and knowledge of computerized information systems and databases is preferred.
- Good reading, writing and math skills.
- Excellent communication skills required. Ability to effectively communicate with a wide variety of individuals inside and outside of the University and at all levels.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, and work within established time frames.
- Ability to oversee and carry out various day-to-day administrative functions in an open office environment.
- Need to have Notary Public Certification within a year of employment.
- Experience and/or knowledge of building maintenance and systems is preferred.
- Budgeting experience/accounting training/knowledge is preferred
Job Posting End Date (if date is blank, posting is open ended):
To apply, visit https://furman.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Furman_Careers/job/Main-Campus/Facilities-Office-Manager_R001168
Furman is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty and staff. The University aspires to create a community of people representing a multiplicity of identities including gender, race, religion, spiritual belief, sexual orientation, geographic origin, socioeconomic background, ideology, world view, and varied abilities. Domestic partners of employees are eligible for comprehensive benefits.