Information Reporting Analyst
University of Idaho
Information Reporting Analyst
Division/College: Provost (Div)
Employee Category: Classified
Pay Range: $24.08 per hour or higher depending on education and experience
Full/Part Time: Full Time
This position is responsible for the design, creation, and maintenance of institutional information reports. Duties include the development and maintenance of reports from the student information system and other centralized data repositories as requested and needed by University Administrative offices, University centers, colleges, academic and non-academic departments. The position maintains a reporting structure that promotes both self-service and disseminated reports. This position will also provide additional technology support for the office of Institutional Research as directed by the IR Director and Executive Director of Academic Budget and Planning. The position works collaboratively with other offices on campus to provide excellent customer service.
- High School diploma or GED
- Experience designing programs and performing data analysis and business intelligence.
- Experience writing in one or more commonly used programming languages (e.g., SAS, PL/SQL, R, SPSS) to work with relational data bases.
- Experience writing program documentation in accordance with published standards.
- Experience with data security standards.
- Experience with systems design.
- Experience in working with Windows operating systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in a field related to educational research, statistic, business intelligence, or closely related field
- Experience with reporting tools, similar to Argos or BRIO.
- Experience in testing and debugging IT systems.
- Experience in interacting effectively with users to perform system design analysis.
- Experience with computer systems support.
- Experience in writing application system documentation.
- Experience writing IT programming specifications.
- Experience in choosing appropriate platforms.
- Experience with Oracle databases and the SQL query language.
- Experience with Ellucian Higher Education Banner or another student information system.
- Experience in higher education, specifically in data collection and analysis.
- Familiarity with database concepts.
- Ability to analyze complex concepts and solve complex problems efficiently.
- Ability to prepare short-term and long-term strategies for planning purposes.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent time management and organization skills.
- Ability to think clearly under pressure.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Posting Number: SP002811P
Posting Date: 05/03/2021
Open Until Filled: Yes
For the required Letter of Qualification document, provide examples of how you meet the required experience and applicable additional preferred experience listed in the job description.
Review of applications will begin on May 17, 2021. Priority consideration will be given to applications received by that date.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.