Registered Dietitian / Sports Nutritionist
Registered Dietitian / Sports Nutritionist position will provide nutritional guidance to Miami Food & Beverage and Miami Athletics.
Liaison between Miami Athletics / Miami Food & Beverage for menu development & program planning.
• Assist in dining commons menu planning including but not limited to recipe/menu entry and maintenance, recipe testing, and implementation, and driving new recipes and ideas.
• Provide general nutritional guidance and counseling to students.
• Assist Food & Beverage Senior Registered Dietitian and Dining Accommodations Registered Dietitian with department tasks as needed.
• Assist in the promotion of healthy eating on campus.
• Provide nutrition presentations to segments
Miami Intercollegiate Athletics
• Complete nutrition assessments: (Primary)
- Care planning, education, counseling-interventions-recommendations & supplementation
• Develop, implement, & present nutritional education materials: (as needed)
- Team talks, presentations, fueling station education, and individual consult templates/handouts – practice & competition fueling /hydration (pre/post)
- Counsel student-athletes & staff regarding the appropriate legal use of dietary supplements, regularly banned drugs /substances in compliance with sport governing bodies
Completion of a college/university educational program in
dietetics and/or nutrition that is accredited by the Accreditation
Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) of the
Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics followed by an accredited
Dietetic Internship if not a coordinated program.
Educational programs may be in one of the following categories:
● Accredited Coordinated Program in Dietetics
● Accredited Didactic Program plus accredited Dietetic Internship A passing score on the Registration Examination for Dietitians is required.
2+ years experience as a registered dietitian is preferred
Prior experience in nutrition counseling
1+ years working with collegiate Athletes nutrition
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Good decision-making and judgment capabilities
- Effective logic, reasoning and critical thinking
- The ability to identify and solve complex problems w/ attention to details
- Effective writing, speaking & reading comprehension
Good coordination skills
- Positive communication / listening (ability to instruct others and follow up when necessary)
- Being socially perceptive w/ the ability to adjust one’s actions in relation to others’ actions
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@miamioh.edu or 513-529-3560.
As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2223.