Assistant Clinical Professor of Nursing
The University of Houston-Victoria Nursing Program is a CCNE accredited program and invites applications for a full time (9-month) clinical track faculty position, Assistant Professor of Nursing to teach and perform as curriculum coordinator, beginning Fall 2021. The program currently has an innovative and growing year-round online RN-to-BSN and has plans to develop a concurrent BSN pre-license degree concentration. Faculty will teach across programs as needed. Summer teaching assignment available. Presence on Victoria, Texas campus is required.
· Texas RN license
· Minimum of 2 years clinical experience
· Successful candidates must possess a strong commitment to excellence in teaching and show potential for a productive scholarship program
· Teaching experience with active learning strategies
· Online teaching experience
· Technical expertise utilizing Blackboard learning management system
· Teaching experience in simulation and skills lab
· Experience or interest in teaching in a concept-based curriculum
· Candidates must possess a Master's degree with a major in Nursing from a Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) or Accreditation Commission on Education in Nursing (ACEN) accredited program.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
· Coordinates online curriculum and practice learning experiences across the undergraduate nursing curriculum.
· Expectation is to have a daily campus presence in Victoria, Texas, and to work closely with local community college and community partners.
· Creates a dynamic, learner-centered environment that uses a variety of teaching methods that support the diverse learning needs of the student population and that are based on educational theory, and evidence-based teaching and clinical practices.
· Models reflective and critical thinking and serves as a coach and mentor for students; confers with them on their progress and assists them in the development of learning plans to facilitate successful achievement of course objectives.
· Maintains and enhances competence in subjects being taught.
· Confers with colleagues to assure the integrity of the courses across programs and the curriculum as a whole.
· Prepares and reviews written examinations, papers, and student projects; supervises independent study projects as needed, and evaluates learner performance in both the classroom and clinical settings.
· Notifies Program Director of at-risk students or unusual occurrences.
· Supervises or teaches clinical rotations as needed in acute, community and laboratory settings as well as preceptorship courses.
· Participates in program systematic plan of evaluation and course evaluation
· Documents student progress on appropriate forms.
· Participates in School of Education, Health Professions and Human Development and Nursing Program Faculty Council meetings.
· Participate in University and Nursing Program events
· Clarify with the student the nursing curriculum and interpretation of programmatic requirements.
· Provides needed information so students can make the best academic decisions for themselves.
· Increases student awareness of educational resources available.
· Discusses student academic progress and progression toward educational goals.
· Refer to other institutional and community support services, where appropriate
· Participation in course and program level assessments
About The University of Houston-Victoria
Texas boasts a thriving economy, low cost of living, and no state income taxes. Victoria, Texas, a historic city located in the heart of the Golden Crescent of South Texas, is perfectly situated for anyone who enjoys outdoor activities. Victoria’s warm climate keeps parks and lakes alive with activity most of the year. Riverside Park’s 565 acres features a rose garden, fishing the Guadalupe River, playing disc golf, and paddling the Victoria Paddling Trail. Lone Tree Creek Park features a 2,400-square-foot splash park for children, and new lighted and paved trails offer opportunities for walking, running, biking and rollerblading. The Victoria Youth Sports Complex houses a basketball pavilion, tennis courts, five softball fields and seven baseball fields, as well as a 15,000-square-foot skate park. Nearby Goliad State Park, Lake Texana Park and Campground, and Coleto Creek Park offer a variety of beautiful scenery and outdoor activities. Goliad State Park boasts a replica and historic mission ruins. Victoria's golf courses include Riverside Golf Course, The Club at Colony Creek and Victoria Country Club. Victoria is only 30 miles from the Gulf of Mexico, and only about 2 hours from Austin, Houston, San Antonio, and Corpus Christi, allowing residents to enjoy a wide variety of cultural activities including world class symphony, museums, theater, ballet, opera, and touring Broadway productions as well as major sporting events and a variety of restaurants and shopping. For more information of the University of Houston Victoria, please see For more information about our programs and mission, please see www.uhv.edu.
The University of Houston-Victoria is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution. Minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Additionally, the University prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
Competitive salary and excellent benefits.
Cover letter address qualifications and CV and names and contact information of 3 professional references who can address the candidate’s qualifications. If ABD, one reference must be your dissertation committee, Chair. Evidence of effective teaching. Copies of transcripts for all college and nursing degrees. (Official transcripts will be required of all finalists). A comprehensive background check will be conducted for all selected candidates
EEO/AARequired Attachments by Candidate: Cover Letter, Curriculum Vitae Employee Status: Regular/Benefits Job Posting: May 4, 2021, 9:18:25 AM Closing Date (Period for Applying) - External: May 18, 2021, 11:59:00 PM