Sponsored Project Officer, Research
Sponsored Project Officer, Research
Location: Portland, OR area or Remote
The Sponsored Project Officer is responsible for growing the Research team’s external funding portfolio. The Sponsored Project Officer will provide leadership for pursuit of grants and oversight of sponsored programs in alignment with NWEA’s mission, research agenda, and strategic plan. The Officer is responsible for ensuring compliance with all federal administrative requirements and costing principles, state regulations, grantor restrictions, and NWEA fiscal and legal policies. The Officer oversees all aspects of proposal administration, sponsored program agreements, and contract negotiation with external agencies. The position assists principal investigators (PIs) and Research management with issues related to externally sponsored research activities and affiliated contractual requirements across the project lifecycle. Effective communication skills are critical in this position to promote a facilitative environment and collaborative cross-functional team culture.
- Design, lead and oversee the execution of NWEA’s Research team’s sponsored projects program in alignment with the needs, priorities, and competencies of the organization and its research team.
- Research and interpret funding opportunities and requests for proposals from government agencies and foundations to determine appropriateness for NWEA; evaluate and recommend how best to respond, clarify guidelines if necessary, and assist PIs with obtaining access to sponsor proposal submission systems.
- Provide oversight and leadership on all sponsored program activities. More specifically, assist PIs in technical proposal creation (e.g., scope of work, bio sketches, proposal components required by the sponsor, budget creation, compliance with conflict of interest requirements and obtain all required signatures).
- Work cross-functionally to build internal capacity for grant management across Human Resources, Legal Services, Institutional Review Board, Strategy & Partnerships, and other teams.
- Review all won awards to ensure terms and conditions are appropriate for NWEA, confirm required human subjects’ protocols are in place, and negotiate award terms, if necessary.
- Continually review and update information pertaining to changes in federal regulations, specific agency requirements, and procedures for administration of funded awards.
- Manage university and other external research contracts, data sharing agreements and memos of understanding, secure data transfers with applicable data privacy policies, document data shared, and other research services.
- Work with cross-functional teams to report and invoice for Researcher work under the sponsored programs throughout contract
- Lead the development of quality assurance procedures and policies for transferring and storing data
- Monitor QA policies and procedures to ensure that they are in compliance with NWEA’s Information Security standards
Skills, Abilities, and Competencies…
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to interact effectively with NWEA Research stakeholders
- Evidence of excellent written and oral communication skills
- Manages complexity: make sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Decision quality: make good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Instills trust: gain the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Plans and Aligns: plan and prioritize work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Action oriented: take on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm
Education and Experience…
- Master's Degree preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
- Five years' or more experience in sponsored programs administration
- Preferred experience working in higher education
What We Can Offer You….
At NWEA we not only offer a competitive base salary, we offer a 15% contribution of eligible employees’ base salary to a defined contribution 403(b) retirement savings plan; career development opportunities; an awesome work culture and environment; we also offer industry leading benefits and perks that are focused on supporting our employees’ holistic wellbeing. To learn more about what we can offer more, click here.
NWEA strives to make diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility (DEIA) practices the center of our work. Our organization’s mission, Partnering to Help All Kids Learn, is the foundation for our DEIA commitment as we work to reflect, value, and support the educators, students, colleagues, and communities we serve. We seek to empower and engage all stakeholders in the research, services, solutions, and products we provide, our organizational culture, and the partnerships we establish with schools, districts, states, and countries.
NWEA™ endeavors to make www.nwea.org accessible to all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please call us at (503) 624-1951 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request, your location and your contact information. This is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
NWEA™ is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For our EEO Policy Statement, please visit our website. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please visit the EEO website
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative $70,000 - $89,999 Full Time jobs in Portland
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative $70,000 - $89,999 Full Time jobs in Portland
- Grants & Contracts Administrative $70,000 - $89,999 Full Time jobs in Portland
- Jobs Outside Academe Administrative $70,000 - $89,999 Full Time jobs in Portland
- Non-profit & Government Organizations Administrative $70,000 - $89,999 Full Time jobs in Portland