Director of Sponsored Programs
The Director of Sponsored Programs is responsible for directing the activities of the pre-award and post-award functions for grants, contracts, clinical trials, and effort reporting for federal grants. This position also oversees fiscal affairs, budget, internal controls/compliance for research including federal or other sponsor reporting as required. The Director of Sponsored Programs reports to the Sr. Vice President of Research & Graduate Studies and will supervise the Pre and Post Awards Office.
Major Responsibilities / Duties / Critical Tasks:
- Provides oversight and faculty/staff support in grant and sponsored program activities to include contract and subcontract preparation, negotiation, and recommendation for acceptance.
- Reviews agreements to ensure they meet institutional and UT System requirements.
- Remains up-to-date on research compliance and grant issues.
- Coordinates Sponsored Programs’ operations with Research Compliance, IACUC, IRB, patent committees and their oversight responsibilities.
- Develop, implement, and monitor the operating budget for the Sponsored Projects Administration.
- Ensures timely submission of grant applications, execution of contract and agreements and sponsored projects finance/administration of all awarded grants and contracts.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with all federal administrative requirements and costing principles, state regulations, grantor restrictions, and university fiscal policies.
- Oversees all aspects of proposal administration, sponsored program agreements, and contract negotiation with external agencies.
- Provides guidance in the development of policies and procedures to address federal, state and private issues.
- Is abreast of active knowledge of grantor/sonsor’s rules/guidelines
- Knowledge of the Federal Uniform Guidance regulations
- Reviews grant accounting activities
- Helps in the preparation of the UTHCT annual report and the indirect cost rate proposal.
- Addresses and completes surveys related to research.
- Reviews and submits reports to grantors as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Accompanying Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Knowledgeable in federal and state regulations
- Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proactive in oversight and compliance activities and in identification and resolution of problems
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, etc.).
- Experienced in PeopleSoft Financial Accounting system
- Adept in budget preparation
Apply for Director of Sponsored Programs
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly