Introductory Biology Preparator
The Department of Biological Science at Binghamton University is accepting applications for a full time Instructional Support Associate. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Ordering supplies, setting up equipment, and preparing material for the introductory biology laboratory class
- Operating and maintaining laboratory equipment
- Working with teaching assistants to familiarize and assist them with protocols and instrumentation used in the course
- Assisting the course instructor in the development of new laboratory exercises
- Teaching laboratory sections as needed
- A Bachelor's degree in Biology or a related discipline
- Must have excellent organizational and written/verbal communication skills and be excited to work with a diverse group of people.
- Master's degree
- Expertise with laboratory techniques (both molecular and ecological biology) and instrumentation
- Experience working with plants and/or soil
- Prior work experience at a college level and assisting in teaching laboratory courses
Offers of employment may be contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment background check and verification of degree(s) and credentials.
Binghamton University is a tobacco-free campus.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com
Payroll information can be found on our website http://www.binghamton.edu/human-resources/payroll/
Cover letters may be addressed "To the Search Committee."
Postings active on the website, accept applications until closure.
For information on the Dual Career Program, please visit:
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
The State University of New York is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Binghamton University to provide for and promote equal opportunity employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, religion, disability, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military service member status, marital status, domestic violence victim status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, or arrest and/or criminal conviction record unless based upon a bona fide occupational qualification or other exception.
As required by Title IX and its implementing regulations Binghamton University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in the educational programs and activities which it operates. This requirement extends to employment and admission. Inquiries about sex discrimination may be directed to the University Title IX Coordinator or directly to the Office of Civil Rights (OCR). Contact information for the Title IX Coordinator and OCR, as well as the University's complete Non-Discrimination Notice may be found here.
Deadline for Internal Applicants: May 12, 2021
Deadline for External Applicants: Open until filled
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the vacancy is filled.
Persons interested in this position should apply online.
- Cover letter, and
- Contact information for three professional references
You may add additional files/documents after uploading your resume. After you fill out your contact information, you will be directed to the upload page. Please login to check/edit your profile or to upload additional documents: http://binghamton.interviewexchange.com/login.jsp.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track $30,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Binghamton
- Education Non-Tenured Track $30,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Binghamton
- Curriculum & Instruction Non-Tenured Track $30,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Binghamton
- Other Education Non-Tenured Track $30,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Binghamton
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Non-Tenured Track $30,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Binghamton