Lecturer in General Biology
The Department of Biological Sciences at Binghamton University (http://www.binghamton.edu/biology/) invites applications from individuals with an expertise in general Biology for the position of Lecturer in support of our Introductory Biology Course Sequence. Principal responsibilities include teaching approximately 12 Discussion Sections split across the department's two Introductory Biology lecture courses, where each section includes approximately 25 students; co-teaching/supervising undergraduates as Teaching Assistants for each section taught; grading and grade management for each section taught, and attendance at weekly TA meetings for each course. Applicants will not be responsible for content creation or TA management as it pertains to the entire course.
Candidates with prior experience in teaching, interest and ability in the use of alternative and innovative instructional methods, and familiarity with the use of technology in the classroom, will be given preference. Candidates comfortable in a student-centered environment and committed to the college mission are encouraged to apply. Candidates must have a minimum of a master's degree in a Biology-related field, but a PhD in a Biology-related field is preferred
- Minimum of a Master's in Biological field required, Ph.D. preferred.
- Prior experiences in teaching Introductory Biology courses preferred.
- Prior experience in teaching large enrollment courses, interest and ability in the use of alternative and innovative instructional methods, and familiarity with the use of technology in the classroom, preferred.
The State University of New York is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Binghamton University to provide for and promote equal opportunity employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, religion, disability, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military service member status, marital status, domestic violence victim status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, or arrest and/or criminal conviction record unless based upon a bona fide occupational qualification or other exception.
As required by title IX and its implementing regulations, Binghamton University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in the educational programs and activities which it operates. This requirement extends to employment and admission. Inquiries about sex discrimination may be directed to the University Title IX Coordinator or directly to the Office of Civil Rights (OCR). Contact information for the Title IX Coordinator and OCR, as well as the University's complete Non-Discrimination Notice may be found here.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Binghamton University is a tobacco-free campus effective August 1, 2017.
Initial appointment is for three years, beginning September 1, 2021, with the possibility of renewal and tenure-track option.
Applicants should submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, statement of teaching experience and philosophy, and should also arrange for at least two letters of recommendation to be submitted to http://binghamton.interviewexchange.com.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Binghamton
- Education Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Binghamton
- Curriculum & Instruction Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Binghamton
- Other Education Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Binghamton
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Binghamton