Admissions Coordinator (67602BR) - W. P. Carey School of Business at ASU
Job DescriptionThe W. P. Carey School of Business Undergraduate Programs Office is seeking an energetic, personable, and service-oriented individual to join its Undergraduate Admissions team, delivering recruitment and admissions services to prospective students and their families. This individual will oversee the marketing and communication plans to prospective and admitted transfer and first-year students. This individual will also be an integral part of our transfer recruitment efforts.
The Coordinator will facilitate a section of WPC 101, connecting first-year students to current resources and teaching basic business skills. This individual will also assume general undergraduate admission responsibilities that include but are not limited to: delivering presentations to prospective students and families; coordinating CRM database (Salesforce) responses and managing assigned campaigns; meeting with current and prospective students to discuss business degree programs, resources and opportunities; resolving issues and recommending measures to improve effectiveness and efficiency within the department.
Days and Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Some evenings and weekends will be required.
- Oversees the marketing and communication plans to prospective and admitted students.
- Coordinates with W. P. Carey School of Business marketing and communications team to develop postcards to prospective and admitted transfer and first-year students.
- Manages admitted certificates and letters that are sent to all admitted W. P. Carey School of Business students.
- Facilitate a section of WPC 101, a one-credit introductory business course for first-year students
- Provides valuable quality service to prospective students (freshman, international and transfer) and families via recruitment events, one-on one appointments, calls and emails regarding the W. P. Carey application and enrollment process
- Primary contact for two Maricopa Community Colleges working with advisors and prospective transfer students.
- Presents with enthusiasm and confidence at information sessions, education fairs, high school fairs as well as conducts information meetings with prospective students and families
- Delivers presentations promoting the W. P. Carey School of Business to prospective students and their families, high schools and community college faculty, and counselors and administrators
- Establishes and maintains relationships with student service providers at ASU to augment referrals and request information for prospective students
- Serves as part of larger Undergraduate Programs Office team, supporting school-wide functions and initiatives, including convocation, Family Weekend and Camp Carey
- Serves as liaison with students, faculty, staff, and outside/community agencies on Undergraduate Admissions initiatives
- Other duties, as assigned
Bachelor's degree in a field appropriate to the area of assignment AND three (3) years of related experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Experience in project coordination or project management
- Experience with project/process improvement with high attention to detail
- Evidence of applying successful customer service techniques
- Experience presenting to groups or individuals
- Experience with marketing and communications
- Experience working with Microsoft Office Applications (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Experience in building working relationships in a team setting and with internal/external constituents
- Evidence of applying solid interpersonal skills and have a positive perspective when communicating
- Experience recruiting and/or working in an externally facing role in a university/corporate setting
Activities are primarily performed in a regular, climate-controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, standing, walking. Visual acuity and manual dexterity associated with daily use of desktop computer; bending, stooping, reaching, lifting and pushing objects of varying weights up to 50 pounds. Ability to clearly communicate to perform essential duties. May include exposure to external environment/climate conditions including walking on uneven surfaces, climbing and high temperatures.
The W. P. Carey School of Business at Arizona State University is one of the largest business schools in the United States with more than 15,000 students and 100,000 alumni worldwide. From our world-renowned faculty representing six continents to thousands of outstanding students who join us every year, the W. P. Carey School welcomes diversity and encourages global thinking. The W. P. Carey School is internationally recognized for its leadership in business education, groundbreaking research and innovation, and renowned faculty, making us one of the top-ranked business schools in the country. Learn more at wpcarey.asu.edu.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher
education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence,
entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American
University is a single, unified institution comprising four
differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social,
cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its
research is inspired by real world application blurring the
boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU
serves more than 80,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona,
the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and
cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and
more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Asu
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Asu
- Business & Administrative Support Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Asu
- Student Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Asu
- Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Asu