Assistant Director of Financial Aid
POSITION TITLE: Assistant Financial Aid Director
Under the Supervision of the Director of Financial Aid, the assistant is responsible for outlining financial aid programs and ensuring Federal, State, and Institutional compliance in the Office of Student Financial Aid.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, finance, and/or Accounting and a minimum of three years directly job-related experience in higher education, a Master's Degree a plus.
- Minimum 3 years of related experience, 5 years preferred,
- Supervisory experience required;
- Excellent team work and customer service skills required.
- Experience in providing individual and group counseling and training
- Experience in educating individuals in regards to obtaining health and other public assistant resources
- Experience in Higher Education or Non-Profit Organization is preferred.
- Experience with Higher Education software required, (Jenzabar) preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office at an intermediate level required.
- Knowledge of Title IV and Title II guidelines and compliance requirements with respect to Director Student Financial Services functions preferred.
- Solid organizational skills, accuracy and attention to detail a must.
- Customer service oriented. Able to work collaboratively and effectively with various groups and departments within the College.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks and competing priorities while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to provide effective leadership, training, direction and feedback to staff.
- Excellent interpersonal and written and oral communication skills required.
- A strong commitment to the mission of the College.
- Assists the Director Student Financial Services in ensuring that College policies are adhered to by students and internal departments, at all times approaching both with diplomacy and professionalism.
- Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities Coordinates departmental services and procedures related to the processing of student scholarships and financial aid, ensuring compliance with appropriate laws, rules and regulation.
- Assist the Director in publishing sound financial aid policy and procedures in keeping with institutional goals, objectives and philosophy.
- Design and distribute accurate financial aid information and instructions on the financial aid application process to students, parents, schools and community.
- Assist the Director in preparing the schedule of activities and maintain and operation calendar for the unit.
- Acts as the liaison between Scholarships and Financial Aid and related internal departments and external entities.
- Complete and disseminate accurate and timely reports. Submit federal, state and annual reports promptly.
- Counsel’s students, prospective students and their families regarding services provided.
- Ensures timely and efficient delivery of services; oversees quality control, compliance and system integrity for the unit
- Participates on the Financial Aid Office Management Team; assists in the planning, organization, implementation and evaluation of departmental processes, activities and other functions
- Develop financial aid packages. Authorize disbursements of funds to students.
- Participants in the reconciliation process of all Federal and State programs
- Responds to in-person, phone and email inquiries and requests for account balances, account status and refund activities from student inquiries in a professional and timely manner, coordinating with other College departments when necessary.
- Manages the student account audit, student refund and graduation clearance processes, coordinating with the Registrar, Financial Aid and Accounts Payable Offices, as required. Performs student account audits to ensure that all tuition and fees have been billed according to the student's academic record and tuition/fee rates.
- Responsible for reviewing students' credit balances and determining proper action.
- Assists Director Student Financial Services in maintaining the Accounts Receivable financial system and performs the monthly close procedure.
- Responsible for assistance in documenting department procedures.
- Manages process for uploading charges for housing, printing and posting of student refund checks.
- Treats all fellow employees, students and the College's guests with civility and refrains from actions that disrupt the efficient functioning of the College.
- Follows directions and completes tasks accurately and accepts supervisory input and constructive criticism,
- Able to manage stress and work under pressure while multitasking under deadlines.
- Able to supervise and be supervised, giving and accepting constructive criticism.
- Assists in drafting and updating departmental policies.
- Assists In managing vendor relationships as they relate to student account processes, including payment plan administrator, bank (deposits), Veterans Administration (Ch. 33 billing), collection agencies and offsite storage vendor.
- Responsible for annual audit requests and inquiries for areas of responsibilities.
- Attend meetings and functions on committees as assigned.
- Performs special projects as requested by the Director Student Financial Services.
- Travels to other sites and Regional Centers as required.
- Related duties as required.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Sound work ethics
- Listening sills
- Team player
Apply for Assistant Director of Financial Aid
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Hawkins
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Hawkins
- Financial Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Hawkins
- Executive Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Hawkins
- Executive Directors Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Hawkins