Assistant Director Student Programs
The American Institute of Physics (AIP) is seeking a dynamic and experienced nonprofit manager committed to the next generation of physical scientists. AIP is looking for an Assistant Director to provide day to day operational management of the Society of Physics Students (SPS), Sigma Pi Sigma the Physics Honor Society, and other education programs. Responsibilities will include oversight of daily activities of volunteers, program management, long range planning, outreach, member management, and volunteer committees. This position works with colleagues, staff, and key volunteers within the physics and astronomy community.
*This role is currently 100% remote and will eventually switch back to our office environment as the Institute continues to respond to the coronavirus, government mandates and considers the best action to keep the AIP staff safe.
Proposal Packet Must Include: Letter of interest, CV, and a completed application.
What is AIP?
We are the American Institute of Physics. Our mission is to advance, promote, and serve the physical sciences for the benefit of humanity. We promote the physical sciences through effective communication, education, and policy initiatives.
The American Institute of Physics (AIP) is a 501(c)(3) membership corporation of scientific societies. AIP pursues its mission—to advance, promote, and serve the physical sciences for the benefit of humanity—with a unifying voice of strength from diversity. In its role as a federation, AIP advances the success of its Member Societies by providing the means to pool, coordinate, and leverage their diverse expertise and contributions in pursuit of a shared goal of advancing the physical sciences in the research enterprise, in the economy, in education, and in society. In its role as an institute, AIP operates as a center of excellence using policy analysis, social science, and historical research to promote future progress in the physical sciences.
Why Work for AIP?
AIP wants you to be safe!
During the COVID 19 pandemic AIP took appropriate steps to ensure the safety of all AIP staff by providing a flexible approach to remote work that ensured a safe and productive workforce could continue to pursue our mission and provide continued value to our stakeholders. The safety, health, and wellbeing of our staff are of the utmost importance to our Institute.
In addition to your safety, AIP wants you to love working at the Institute, and we have a workplace culture that supports that goal. With our commitment to community service, institute-wide social opportunities, and ongoing Learning and Development, we work hard to make sure AIP is a rewarding place to work. Did we mention that you will work with amazingly talented colleagues in a variety of departments?
We offer a comprehensive and generous total compensation package including competitive pay, multiple healthcare options to meet your needs, commuter benefits, free parking (once we return to the office), tuition assistance, and an outstanding retirement plan.
We encourage and invite people from diverse backgrounds to apply and join our team. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, creed, marital status, gender identity or expression, political affiliation, personal appearance, national origin, ancestry, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability.
- Master’s degree and educational experience (Physics, Astronomy, and related fields preferred).
- 3-5 years Educational experience (Physics, Astronomy, and related fields preferred).
- PhD or equivalent in physics, astronomy, or a related field preferred.
- 5+ years of higher education or association/non-profit experience, with a demonstrated interest in science education
- 3+ years of experience in developing, leading, and managing volunteers or student groups (STEM preferred), in a higher education or non-profit environment.
- Demonstrated experience working with student/volunteer groups.
- Advanced proficiency in google and Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
AIP is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Berwyn Heights
- Academic Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Berwyn Heights
- Other Academic Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Berwyn Heights
- Jobs Outside Academe Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Berwyn Heights
- Non-profit & Government Organizations Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Berwyn Heights