Assistant Professor 9 Mo of Art and Design - F00123
The Department of Art + Design at Arkansas State University invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track Assistant Professor of Art – Sculpture to begin August 2021. The ideal candidate is an artist with expertise in both contemporary and traditional sculpture who is interested in teaching undergraduate students at all levels. The Department of Art + Design seeks an energetic colleague prepared to take on a leadership role in building the program with an innovative cross-disciplinary curriculum in the new Windgate 3D Building.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Teaching load of the faculty is normally twelve hours per semester. Faculty work load also includes research, creative activity, service, and professional development in the best interest of the students and community at large. All faculty members are expected to assume student academic advisement responsibilities in addition to their regular teaching loads.
• Knowledge of the history, theory, and contemporary practice of
• Ability to build a strong program through curriculum, assessment, recruitment, and retention
• Ability to teach both traditional techniques and interdisciplinary approaches
• Ability to teach across disciplines in the department and beyond
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Additional hours as requested and/or needed
Regular and reliable attendance
Please note: all position postings close at 12:00 A.M. CST on
the position closing date
Please include the following with your application:
• Cover letter that includes (1) a statement of intent including your research, teaching, and service goals, (2) a website link for a portfolio of recent work, (3) a website link for a portfolio of student work, and (4) the contact information for three references.
• CV including courses taught
• Artist’s Statement
• Teaching Philosophy including student populations
The Department of Art + Design, one of eleven departments in the College of Liberal Arts and Communications, has sixteen full-time faculty members, offering majors and minors in Studio Art, Graphic Design, Digital Design, Art Education, and Art History, as well as certificates in Swift Coding and Museum Studies with around 160 majors currently enrolled.
Located in Jonesboro, Arkansas, 70 miles northwest of Memphis, Tennessee, Arkansas State University is one of Arkansas’ two largest residential universities and is the flagship campus for the Arkansas State system. The university has an enrollment of around 14,000 students.
Arkansas State University is an accredited institutional member of NASAD. Arkansas State University does not discriminate on the basis of color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, age, national origin, religion, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or disability in any of its practices, policies or procedures. INSIGHT Into Diversity magazine has recognized Arkansas State University for three consecutive years with the Higher Education Excellence in Diversity (HEED) award based on A-State’s commitment in regard to broadening diversity and inclusion on campus through initiatives, program, and outreach; student recruitment, retention, and completion; and hiring practices for faculty and staff.
• MFA in Studio Art with an emphasis in Sculpture
• One-year full-time teaching at the college/university level (beyond GA/TA)
• Evidence of on-going and active research
• Experience with management, safety, and maintenance of lab facilities
• Experience with wood and metal fabrication, metal casting, and digital 3D processes (CNC, plasma cutter, etc.)
• Two (2) years full-time teaching experience at the college level (beyond GA/TA)
• Willingness to maintain an up-to-date innovative curriculum
• Experience working with diverse student populations and first-generation students
• Experience with visiting artists program(s)
• Experience with gallery management
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in State University
- Arts Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in State University
- Art Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in State University
- Other Arts Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in State University