Western Illinois University
Work Department: Facilities Management
Class Title/Code: Plumber (3060)
Effective Date: Apr 9, 2021
Employees at this level perform skilled work in the trade of plumber. They work under direct supervision from a designated supervisor.
- High school graduation or equivalent
- Successful completion of a recognized plumber apprenticeship
program or five (5) years (60 months) of full-time journey-level
- Possession of current State of Illinois Plumber's
- As required by position to be filled, current
license/certification consistent with vehicles, machinery and
equipment that is routinely used in the general occupational area.
* Dependent upon institutional need, incumbents may be required to obtain job-related certification or license, such as a valid Illinois Department of Public Health Lead Abatement Worker License. Consistent with the Americans with Disabilities Act, accommodations may be afforded to applicants/employees.
Starting Salary: $43.97/hour
Application Deadline: May 11, 2021
Additional Information: *Continuous testing available for qualified applicants who may be interested in being added to our employment register for future opportunities.
SUMMER SEASONAL WORK AT 37.5 HOURS AVAILABLE. INTERESTED APPLICANTS NEED TO SUBMIT AN APPLICATION AND A COPY OF CURRENT STATE OF ILLINOIS PLUMBER'S LICENSE FOR REVIEW TO DETERMINE ELIGIBILITY TO TAKE THE EXAM.
Employment - Information & Instructions
Complete an Employment Application online. Submit supplemental application materials, which may include transcripts, licenses, certifications, resume, and a copy of the DD214 (if applicable), via email to HR-Testing@wiu.edu.
All application materials are due in the WIU Human Resources Office no later than 4:30 p.m. the day of the application deadline.
Western Illinois University is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity employer with a strong commitment to diversity and a non-discrimination policy that includes sex, race, color, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, religion, age, marital status, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
For questions regarding the application process, please contact:
Human Resources Office
Sherman Hall 105
1 University Circle
Macomb, IL 61455
Phone: (309) 298-1971 ext. 1
Fax: (309) 298-2300
Open: Monday - Friday; 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
To apply, please visit: http://www.wiu.edu/employment/cs_job.php?id=435