Educational Technology Integrator
FTE: Full-time (100%), exempt, 12 month
Start date: July 1, 2021
Reports to: Dean of Academics and Innovation
Collaborates closely with: Dean of Faculty, Academic Office, Director of IT, IT Department
Located in the Presidio of San Francisco, The Bay School of San Francisco is a leader in innovative, student-centered secondary education, providing its students with a challenging, interdisciplinary program and a collaborative, supportive community. Our flexible, open-minded faculty and staff members foster and model curiosity, critical thinking, intentionality, mindfulness, and respect for diversity. As co-builders of an innovative high school, faculty and staff contribute to a distinctively positive culture.
The Bay School does not discriminate on the basis of sogie (sexual orientation/gender identity expression), race, color, religion, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to having a faculty, staff, and student body that reflects the diversity of the Bay Area. We strongly encourage those with a demonstrated dedication to social justice, collaboration, innovation, and student-centered education to apply. To learn more about Bay, check out our mission, Precepts, and our most recent programmatic launch: Bay Immersives (#1course3weeks).
The Educational Technology Integrator provides expertise and partnership to Bay’s teaching faculty in the use of appropriate technologies to enrich the learning experience for students. Holding the school’s mission of a future-focused education characterized by innovation and a mindful approach to learning, the Educational Technology Integrator (ETI) works in close partnership with the Dean of Academics & Innovation and the Director of Technology to create a comprehensive vision for the educational technology at the school. The ETI also works with the technology department to evaluate new tools and ensure compatibility of new technology with existing systems. With the Dean of Faculty, instructional coaches, department chairs and individual teachers, the Educational Technology Integrator works to evaluate, introduce, train and support the implementation of technological tools. As a member of the Academic Office, the ETI participates in relevant technology projects, trainings, and meetings. In support of Bay’s mission and precepts, the ETI demonstrates a commitment to diversity, equity and anti-racism in the access and uses of technology for all students and teachers.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Continuing to build and refine the school’s educational technology vision, educational initiatives, and related training for an independent high school.
- Maintaining an active presence in classrooms to understand teaching and learning at Bay and drive future effective innovation in Ed Tech vision and applications that serves teaching and learning at Bay.
- Evaluating tools discovered by teachers; engaging and mentoring teachers in adopting technology integration that supports innovative teaching and learning.
- Collaborating with academic department chairs on specific departmental ed tech needs and growth opportunities.
- Partnering with the Director of IT and the IT Department to research, evaluate, pilot, and deploy new hardware, software, and emerging technologies.
- Designing and delivering educational technology training and professional development; this includes:
○ Trainings on Canvas (LMS) and other school-wide systems such as Google Workspace, MyBay (Blackbaud SIS) and Zoom; this includes documenting best practices in these systems and training teachers in using best practices. ○ Introducing new tools
○ Collaborating with “early adopter” teachers to coordinate their sharing how they use new technology tools.
○ Managing and implementing existing core teaching and learning technologies
● Providing day-to-day support for technology integration, including direct support of individual teachers in classrooms, troubleshooting routine software issues and doing 1:1 training
- Auditing use of core systems and working with the Director of IT to do an annual audit of Ed Tech services and subscriptions to determine continued enrollment.
- With the Director of IT, soliciting regular feedback from faculty, staff, and students on areas that may include infrastructure, customer service, classroom needs, evaluation of existing systems/hardware/software, and creating opportunities for feedback, testing, and demo-ing
- Documenting school’s use of educational technology for ongoing internal assessment and external communication as well as decision-making regarding educational software/hardware
- Supporting the administration of Canvas Learning Management System in partnership with the Data Systems Manager
- Instructing students and support faculty in the vetting and responsible use of academic technology, advocating current practices of digital citizenship
- Partnering with the Dean of Academics & Innovation and Director of IT to develop the educational technology budget.
- Meeting weekly with the Dean of Academics & Innovation; meet biweekly with the technology department.
- Researching new technologies, hardware, software, tools solutions and their potential impact on teaching and learning; participating in relevant professional development ; participating in local and national educational technology groups and listservs.
- During Bay’s 3-week immersive terms, working with the academic office as a key member of the immersive support team.
- Working with the Student Life Office to plan 9th grade seminar classes and transfer sessions that introduce new Bay students to the hardware and software used at Bay.
- Teaching a semester and/or immersive class.
The ideal candidate will
- possess a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field combined with five years of experience in education technology integration;
- find resonance with The Bay School mission and precepts;
- be highly skilled in listening and communication (both oral and written);
- be highly skilled in organization, with the ability to plan, implement, evaluate, and follow through on tasks and projects;
- think creatively, contextually and multidimensionally to effectively address projects/challenges;
- demonstrate the initiative and ability to learn new applications, tools, resources and technology;
- collaborate effectively with a broad range of people with attention to promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion;
- seek out and provide collegial collaboration and feedback as a means to improve the school, team and self;
- demonstrate evidence of a growth mindset;
- demonstrate evidence of commitment to anti-bias and equity work.
Additionally, they will have experience in
- understanding of instructional technology hardware, software, and related web-based or other tools;
- building a strategy in a school’s overall use of technology;
- working effectively with high school teachers in all disciplines to identify instructional needs and the various technologies to enable/enhance instruction;
- teaching effectively at the high school level;
- understanding information technology;
- understanding of PC and Mac operating systems;
- using Google Workspace for Education, Canvas (LMS) and Zoom
Bay offers a salary commensurate with experience and a competitive benefits package. To apply, please send the following to to email@example.com, subject line:
ETI. 1. Cover letter
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Position open until filled.
(Please note that we do not sponsor visas for candidates who are ineligible to work in the United States.)
Apply for Educational Technology Integrator
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in San Francisco
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in San Francisco
- Technology Administration/Other Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in San Francisco