The University of Wisconsin-Parkside is a dynamic learning community grounded in academic excellence and focused on student success, diversity, inclusion and community engagement. One of 13 four-year institutions within the University of Wisconsin System, UW-Parkside provides our students an unparalleled educational value. An affordable, high-quality education is an investment in one’s future, and we believe the cost of an education should not prevent any student from achieving his or her educational and professional goals.
UW-Parkside is a great place to start or enhance your career. The campus is nestled in 700 acres of woodland and prairie, two miles west of Lake Michigan in Kenosha in southeast Wisconsin. At UW-Parkside we offer competitive pay and benefits, as well an engaging and supportive work environment. UWP is a community that’s easy to call home. Find out why.
Position Title: Lecturer
Employment Type: Full-time/Academic Staff/Exempt
Reports To: The Lecturer will report to the Chair of the Communication Department.
Pay Range: $40,000-42,000
The Lecturer will primarily teach courses in Public Speaking, along with additional courses in his or her area of expertise that are within the Communication Department’s undergraduate upper and lower level curriculum. We seek a colleague who is committed to excellence in undergraduate education and to fostering an equitable, diverse, and inclusive educational environment. The ideal candidate will also have experience using high-impact teaching practices (e.g., community-based learning, diversity) as well as experience using a variety of course delivery modalities (e.g., online, hybrid instruction). The initial contract will be for one-year starting in August of the 2021-2022 academic year with the possibility of renewal.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Teach 30-credits per academic year for college undergraduate students, including performing associated responsibilities such as class preparation and assessment of student learning.
- Contribute to department student success, retention, recruitment, and/or outreach activities.
- Master’s degree in Communication or related discipline
- Ability to use a classroom Learning Management System (e.g., Canvas)
- One year of post- graduation teaching experience
The Communication Department is a dynamic, student-focused and community-engaged program that focuses on the development of cultural competence within the context of the local community, the nation, and the larger world. We do this through experiential learning opportunities within the context of theoretical coursework.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track $30,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Kenosha
- Communications Non-Tenured Track $30,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Kenosha
- Other Communications Non-Tenured Track $30,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Kenosha
- Speech & Rhetoric Non-Tenured Track $30,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Kenosha