Manager, Financial Aid Services and Outreach
Community College of Philadelphia
Community College of Philadelphia is dedicated to promoting a work environment that attracts and retains talented and diverse faculty and staff, and which challenges each of us to achieve at the highest level while contributing to the mission of the College. We value and support a culturally diverse and intellectually dynamic community to prepare our students for global citizenship. Join us as we transition from our first 50 years into the next and build upon a legacy that will impact the city of Philadelphia and beyond.Community College of Philadelphia is seeking to fill a Manager, Financial Aid Services, and Outreach position. The Manager, Financial Aid Services and Outreach is responsible for the direct supervision of staff and the implementation of strategies designed to enhance service delivery. This position manages the Enrollment Services Call Center and ensures that students receive the highest levels of customer service. The Manager, Financial Aid Services and Outreach is responsible for processes and functions related to the intake for students who need initial financial aid information support, counseling of students and families on financial aid, awarding financial aid funds, and the coordination of financial planning sessions. This position also manages all Enrollment Services outreach call campaigns serves as a back-up to the Associate Director, Financial Aid Operations.
For a complete position description, and to apply online, please visit our career site at jobs.ccp.edu, or click the “Apply” button.
Community College of Philadelphia recognizes that our employees are important and vital to our success. We offer a high-quality, comprehensive program of benefits, which represents an important component of total compensation.
Our benefits include:
- Medical, dental and prescription drug plans for employee and all of their eligible family members
- College-paid life and disability insurance
- College closes for Winter Break the week between Christmas and New Years and for a week in March for Spring Break
- Tuition remission (for classes at the College)
- Forgivable tuition loan (for classes at any accredited academic institution)
- 403(b) retirement plan with 10% College contribution
- Healthcare and Dependent Care flexible spending accounts
- College operates on a 4-day work week during the summer months
- Paid vacation plus holiday and personal time off
Community College of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.Minimum Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree required. Any and all degrees must be from a recognized institutional accreditor.
• Minimum of five (5) years of full-time work experience in financial aid required.
• Demonstrated knowledge of financial aid federal and state regulations required.
• Proficiency using MS Word, Excel, and Internet applications required.
• At least two (2) years customer service supervisory experience with ability to foster a positive and productive work environment, and lead and motivate staff required.
• Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills in all media (phone, face to face, and email) required.
• Excellent planning, administrative, project management, and organizational skills required.
• Ability to multi-task and to process high volumes of work with accuracy in a fast-paced environment required.
• Ability to use independent judgment in making administrative/procedural decisions with minimal supervision required.
• Ability to maintain sensitivity, understanding, and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological, and ethnic backgrounds required.
• Ability to work extended hours as needed during peak periods, working an occasional Saturday may be required.
• Prior experience working in a Banner or equivalent environment preferred.
• Experience in a collective bargaining environment preferred.