Information Specialist - Outreach (Hourly/Part-time)
Howard Community College (HCC) is an exciting place to work, learn, and grow! HCC has been awarded the distinction as a "Great College to Work for" since 2009 from The Chronicle of Higher Education.
Howard Community College values diversity among its faculty,
staff and student population. We are an innovative institution that
is committed to responding to the ever-changing needs and interests
of a diverse and dynamic community. No matter where you want to go
in your career, you can get there from here!
The Admissions and Advising Department from Howard Community College is seeking part time/hourly Outreach Advisors to join their team working in Columbia, MD.
- Works closely with the director of admissions and advising, the director of admissions (outreach) and the assistant director of admissions and advising (technology) to implement all outreach and recruitment initiatives and all aspects of the enrollment of secondary school student
- Assists with all aspects of high school enrollment programs including Freshman Focus, HCC honors programs, and Silas Craft Collegians as well as high school and middle school visitations, open house events and information sessions
- Assists with outreach activities such as community fairs, luncheons, and numerous other activities
- Represents the college at selected events and conducts campus tours for prospective students
- Performs administrative functions in support of outreach and recruitment and high school admissions including managing inquiries received via the high school voicemail, email, correspondence and in-person
- Performs reception and all other appointment scheduling as needed
- Establishes and maintains electronic admissions records for all applicants
- Manages electronic communications through the client relation management system (CRM)
- Prepares and processes materials for document imaging and uses workflow processes to transfer documents electronically
- Download official transcripts using Parchment
- Assists with the development and management of the unit's web pages Assists in creating and updating various outreach forms
- Maintains confidentiality and security of student information and records in compliance with laws and policies
- Resolves routine problems related to areas of responsibility
- Assists with other specialist functions as necessary
- Associates degree or equivalent educational or employment experience required particularly in education or a related field. Bachelors degree preferred.
- Excellent computer skills required including proficiency with MS Office Windows, other databases and the Internet.
- Knowledge of student information system, CRM software and document imaging software.
- Excellent communication, organization, and interpersonal skills required, including willingness and ability to speak to groups.
- Outstanding customer service skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Ability to acquire, maintain, and update substantial information regarding college policies and procedures and work with a broad range of people.
- Prior experience with special populations, particularly K-12 students, strongly preferred.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Regular attendance is a requirement of this job.
- Performs all duties while considering the impact of any actions on the college's sustainability initiatives in the areas of environmental stewardship, social responsibility, and economic prosperity.
Hours Per Week: 20-25
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 10am to 4pm, adjustment to schedule made for one night per week.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Open Until Filled
Best Consideration: May 15th, 2021
*Pre-employment criminal background investigation is a condition of employment.
Howard Community College (HCC) is an Equal Employment Opportunity & Affirmative Action employer & values diversity within its faculty, staff & student population. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.
HCC understands that persons with specific disabilities may need assistance with the job application process and/or with the interview process. For confidential assistance with the job application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 443-518-1100.
Please submit the following:
- Completed Application (Candidates will be evaluated on completing the college's application in full)
- Cover Letter