Assistant/Associate Professor of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
The College of Osteopathic Medicine at Marian University is seeking applications for an Assistant or Associate Professor of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology. This position contributes to the education of biomedical science (BMS) students seeking the Masters of Science degree within MUCOM. This faculty member will promote Marian University’s mission and identity by providing classroom instruction that allows learners to acquire fundamental knowledge of the biochemistry and molecular biology of normal human processes and human disorders related to abnormalities of biochemistry, molecular biology or genetics. Teaching and course director responsibilities will include the Medical Biochemistry and the Molecular Biology and Genetics courses in the MUCOM BMS Program and will be guided by the program objectives. Pursuit of an appropriate research agenda and mentorship of students in research is also part of the faculty responsibility at MUCOM. Responsibilities of this position also include service work on faculty committees within the BMS program, MUCOM, and Marian University as well as guiding the academic progress of student advisees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively engage the Catholic Franciscan mission and identity of Marian University by modeling the Franciscan Sponsorship Values, honoring the legacy of the founding congregation, promoting unity in diversity, and integrating the Catholic Franciscan intellectual traditions in courses, programs, and services.
- Teach human biochemistry and molecular/cellular biology at a level appropriate for the Biomedical Sciences MS program
- Contribute to the development of curriculum and engage in continuous improvement of the curriculum
- Prepare and deliver lectures and other learning activities in areas of the candidate’s expertise
- Develop learning evaluations that align with the principles extant in the COM such as board-style MCQ
- Participate in faculty development activities, especially those that foster best educational practices and incorporate active learning methods
- Develop and pursue scholarly activity (broadly understood) in the candidate’s area of interest commensurate with the mission and goals of MUCOM
- As appropriate, engage in publication, grant seeking activity
- Contribute to the service obligations of MUCOM by service on committees, course direction and other assignments
- Other duties may be assigned
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- To be qualified for this position the candidate will have a PhD in biochemistry, molecular and cellular biology or appropriate related field that would support teaching at the graduate level.
- Teaching experience serving as a course director and ability to teach in a large group setting is desired.
- Mentorship of graduate students doing research would be possible and service on thesis committees is encouraged.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applications require a cover letter, a current CV, three letters of recommendation (requested after your application is completed), statements of research interests and teaching philosophy, and responses to supplemental mission questions.
Marian University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Indianapolis
- Health & Medicine Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Indianapolis
- Other Health & Medicine Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Indianapolis
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Indianapolis
- Chemistry & Biochemistry Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Indianapolis