Associate Dean for Administration- UIC Jane Addams College of Social Work
The University of Illinois Chicago
Jane Addams College of Social Work
Associate Dean for Administration
Jane Addams College of Social Work (JACSW) at the University of Illinois Chicago (UIC) invites applications for the position of Associate Dean for Administration (ADA), starting July 1, 2021.
Position Responsibilities and Qualifications:
The Associate Dean for Administration oversees the business and administrative operations for the College including budget planning and fiscal management, research and sponsored projects, purchasing, human resources processes, building maintenance and renovation, facility and space management, and information technology operations. The ADA serves as College liaison to University units, committees, and task groups in areas of job responsibility and serves as a member of the College’s senior administrative group. The College’s faculty, staff, and student body are culturally, racially and ethnically diverse; its academic programs, research centers, and service programs are ranked among the best in the nation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and manages the College’s fiscal operations including the annual operating budget and budgets for special projects and initiatives.
- Monitors budget performance and directs the monthly reconciliation process.
- Responsible for developing and implementing policies, procedures, and information systems to ensure compliance with UI policies and regulations.
- Analyzes and presents data, reports and information that support College planning and development.
- Responsible for facilities management including managing building operations, evaluating and developing plans for facility and space needs, and developing renovation and expansion plans, including the building of new facilities.
- Oversees and administers college HR activities including hiring and separation process, handling benefit and payroll issues, managing the salary planner process, ensuring faculty and staff compliance with training and reporting requirements, and other related human resource matters.
- Designs and implements efficient business systems to support research and sponsored projects.
- Develops contracts with external agencies and ensures compliance with requirements of funders and regulatory agencies.
- Accountable for the development and implementation of policies and work practices affecting the assigned work areas and advising administrators and unit directors on College and University policies and administrative operations.
- Oversees the College's information technology operations, stays abreast of technology trends, assures acquisition of appropriate hardware and software and makes recommendations and plans to support the technology environment and staff needs.
- Hires, trains, and develops staff, and manages, assigns, and reviews staff work to ensure that group objectives are accomplished.
Job Knowledge, Skills, Education and Experience:
- Master’s Degree in business administration, non-profit management, or related field and a minimum of 5 years’ administrative experience.
- Knowledge of university business, finance, and human resources policies and procedures.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, manage a team with varying areas of expertise, and maintain effective working relations with a diverse public.
- Self-directed, adaptive independent thinker with analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Possess a high level of interpersonal skills and professionalism.
All applications must be submitted online. Please submit a letter of application, a resume, and the name and address of three references through the following link: https://jobs.uic.edu/job-board/job-details?jobID=145721
Applications should be received by May 17, 2021. For more information, please contact Henrika McCoy, Search Committee Chairperson at email@example.com.
Job posting closes May 17, 2021
The University of Illinois Chicago is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The University of Illinois may conduct background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act
The University of Illinois System requires candidates selected for hire to disclose any documented finding of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment and to authorize inquiries to current and former employers regarding findings of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment. For more information, visit https://www.hr.uillinois.edu/cms/One.aspx?portalId=4292&pageId=1411899
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Business & Administrative Support Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Grants & Contracts Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Human Resources Administration Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago