• Maintain relationships with clinical sites for the nursing program
• Coordinate student placements in the nursing program
• Identify placements that will maximize students' ability to secure graduate positions in areas of particular interest
• Work with students, faculty and administrative assistants to ensure that all pre-clinical requirements are met by students in a timely manner, including: immunizations, CPR, background check, badge paperwork, electronic medical record training, parking passes and any other site-specific requirements;
• Assists Director of Clinical Services with orientation, training and guidance to adjunct faculty regarding their clinical site
o Performs site visits to observe clinical adjuncts and preceptors to assist the Director of Clinical Services for annual evaluations
• Work with lead faculty to assign students to clinical sites based on student demographic factors and individual learning needs
• Provide each site with clinical schedule and course materials prior to the start of the semester
• Attend training sessions and meetings and collaborate with the administrative assistants regarding the maintenance of the Centralized Clinical Placement System
• Manage databases for tracking of internship experiences
• Foster positive relationships with each clinical site and share feedback received from the clinical site with appropriate faculty members
• Participate in required meetings and committees as a member of the Academic Support Team
• Accept and complete additional related duties as assigned by the Director of Clinical Services
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Education: Registered nurse BSN level required
Experience: At least two (2) years of experience in health care with increasing levels of responsibility and knowledge of agency operations required, experience with educational institutions preferred
Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities:
The individual must have the following abilities:
Strong interpersonal skills
Ability to work well with others
Comfort with health care technology
Strong writing skills
Organizational and strong networking skills
Proven administrative and strategic
Familiarity with health care
organizations throughout the State
Flexibility and adaptability to meet
the clinical needs of faculty and
Understanding of educational processes
and measurement of educational
Innovative skills and a positive and
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to fingers handle, or feel. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms.
The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and talk or hear.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The employee must be able to drive to community agencies.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those and employee encounters while performing the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Safety standard: Each employee shall use care in the performance of his/her duties and act in a manner that will assure maximum safety to themselves, fellow employees and the public. All unsafe conditions, accidents and injuries shall be reported immediately to the supervisor.
**The job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are in the exclusive standards of the position. Tasks may be added, deleted or altered as organizational needs evolve and employee may be required to follow any other instruction and to perform any other related duties, that may be required by their supervisor.